Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #1

Not Happy With Fleetwood Response

After three years owning my 2010 Bounder, I decided to upgrade the dash radio. I removed the rear camera monitor top dash cover to see what it would take to replace the radio. I then noticed the radio brace that attaches to the front radio dash face isn't attached to the dash bulkhead as stated on detail drawings I received from Fleetwood. I sent an e-mail on this to Fleetwood stating that they missed something. The response was disappointing. Here is what they said:"I have reviewed the prints you referenced and understand the bracket shown in the print package is missing. While we can only apologize for
this omission, any repairs, either defects in material or workmanship
other than structural made under warranty would have to have been made
within the first 12 months or 15,000 miles. Due to the length of time
the warranty has expired, 2 years, any repairs are the responsibility of
the owner." I then responded back saying that this mis-build was hidden and I would of had it fixed under the 12 month warranty if it was visible. I just want everyone know if it is hidden and not found before your 12 months warranty is up, Fleetwood will say too bad.
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Your profile shows you own a Gulf Stream, not a Fleetwood. Is your profile out of date?

Assuming it is your profile that is in error, this is a "canned" response, sent by an employee that has little authority. Call them and I'll bet you get a different response.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #3

Thanks. I updated my profile. I forgot to update it when I got rid of the Gulfstream. I'll try to call Fleetwood on this. There was a name of the person who responded attached to the e-mail response.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Sorry to hear this but I suspect you'd hear the same from the high majority of Mfg.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #5

I understand you're feeling dismissed but I'm just curious- You're replacing the radio that uses that part. Why would it be an issue that it was missing if it's not going to be used with your new radio anyway ? Did the piece being missing affect the radio in any way during the time you used it and weren't aware it was missing?
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #6

The part, radio mounting bracket, will be used with the replacement radio. I will have to open it up to fit a double din radio. The factory radio is a 1 1/2 din style. If the radio mounting bracket was properly attached to the dash bulkhead, it would help in keeping the whole radio dash area from vibrating when travelling down the road. See page 5 of 6 in the attached pdf. In time, this could loosen up the dash. Only time will tell.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #7

the missing bracket would not require replacing or modifying to use a double din?

it cant be too complex of a bracket...can it?...can just fab something on your own during the radio swap??
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

When you call Fleetwood, why not ask them if they could send you the missing bracket? They might agree to do so. Good luck.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #9

iRV2 No Limits Club
2 years out of warranty. What would you expect? A lifetime warranty for "hidden" problems?

I do feel for you because of the overall low quality of RV builders today, but how far should the maker be required to go?

We have TWO bathtubs crack and replaced both before we realized that the supports for the tub on the back side were 3/4 of an inch higher than in the front. The result? The bathtub was not supported flat on the platform and on that side it would flex with every use and after a few years, it would crack. All because the quality control was so poor.

My dad was a trucker but built houses for the family. I have seen him tear down an entire wall because it was out of "square" by 1/8 inch! I noted that "no one would ever know."

His response: "I'll know."

Now that is quality control.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood