RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2019, 06:23 AM   #1

Opinions of Fleetwood Excursion RV's

Hello, I am looking at the Fleetwood 33 ft Excursion model Class A coaches.
Obviously I am looking at pre owned, since the model in not in production now. What are your opinions of this coach ? Is there anything I should look out for? any years from 2014- 2017 that I should stay away from ?

What experiences have you had with your Fleetwood coaches ? Are you happy with your purchase ? New or pre owned

I want to stay with the short length (33 ft) of the Excursion because of where I have to store it ease of drivability & handling and it has enough room for the two of us.

I am also looking at a Thor Palazzo 33D & have asked Palazzo owners the same questions.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

ky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2019, 06:45 AM   #2

We have a 2017 Discovery LXE 40 E and love it. I believe that Fleetwood gives you a lot of bang for your buck. At least in the Discovery line. Quality wise there are typical small issues we have encountered but nothing to sour us on our coach. I have handled all issues to date. Loose water connections, missing filters in AC return vents and things like this as we Discover them

MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:20 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
We were a Fleetwood dealer. Fleetwood is a above average manufacturer in my opinion. I bought a Pace Arrow for myself when retiring. They have a large carrying capacity. My 35 ft Pace can carry over 4,000 pounds. That is a lot for a gasser. Of course they are not perfect, but are a good coach.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2014 Excursion 35B and love it. I still have some dash squeaks driving on rough roads. I did have to make some minor adjustments to some trim pieces.

If we went back in time with what I now know, I would buy it again.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakin View Post
I have a 2014 Excursion 35B and love it. I still have some dash squeaks driving on rough roads. I did have to make some minor adjustments to some trim pieces.

Not sure if you have same access but I went in thru generator compartment and found about half of the nuts and bolts holding dash were either loose or missing. I double nutted them using nylok and so far no more dash squeak
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
We love our 33a 2014. Excursion. It took me 2 years to find this. No real problems. Easy to drive park and we tow a Mini Cooper. It was our first purchase. Lots of storage inside and out. The floor plan is really great.
Good luck
Old 02-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #7

Purchased a 2015 35B in 2017, this is our first motorized RV and the diesel pusher was the game changer based various test drives of other class A's. The dinette'less floor plan sealed the deal and provided for tons of interior lounging space. The drop down queen bunk is a perfect option for this recreational class RV.

Took me about four trips to search out and mitigate the squeaks and rattles but now the drive down the road is pleasantly quiet.

Buy with confidence,

-Kevin
Old 02-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakin View Post

Remove the trim strip that runs across the dash, replace self tapping screws, replace with 1/2Ē or 3/4Ē longer screws. Youíll feel them tap in, squeaks eliminated. Iíve passed this on to several Excursion owners, works.
ScopeGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky bob View Post
Hello, I am looking at the Fleetwood 33 ft Excursion model Class A coaches.
Obviously I am looking at pre owned, since the model in not in production now. What are your opinions of this coach ? Is there anything I should look out for? any years from 2014- 2017 that I should stay away from ?

What experiences have you had with your Fleetwood coaches ? Are you happy with your purchase ? New or pre owned

I want to stay with the short length (33 ft) of the Excursion because of where I have to store it ease of drivability & handling and it has enough room for the two of us.

I am also looking at a Thor Palazzo 33D & have asked Palazzo owners the same questions.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

We have a 2015 Excursion 35B and love it. Would buy again and recommend.
ScopeGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:47 AM   #10

Ours is a 2015 33D Excursion bought new. Absolutely love it. Lots of galley countertop space and interior and exterior storage. We downsized and that was important. More than adequate HP which was a worry also. Would buy again. Let me know if you have more questions.
Sherry
kajunT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 2003 38u Cat 3126B 330 HP 63,000 miles bought in 2015 been very happy with it had to replace living room slide motor $1,800 exhaust manifold gasket myself $140.00.
grrr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:31 AM   #12

I do not own an Excursion but over the last 30 years We have owned a Fleetwood Pace Arrow, a Fleetwood Discovery dp, and now own a Fleetwood Bounder dp. We have the typical repairs but not some of the big problems some have. We are thinking about down sizing and will buy a Fleetwood for sure. They have always sent us all the mechanical drawings we requested and are quick to help on the phone or email. Maybe not the best but I think a good step up from a lot of others. Imho
Old 02-17-2019, 06:11 AM   #13

Thanks for all the replyís, Great knowing you like your Fleetwood RVís and have had little trouble with them. . Now we are searching the pre owned market.

Have A Great Day !!!

Bob
ky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a 2014 Excursion 33a. We bought the extended warranty that still has 4 years on it. Just replaced all 4 house batteries, new tires last summer. Park it in a covered space. If interested let me know.

Tags
fleetwood, rvs