Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2008, 04:32 AM   #1

Opinions on a 08/07 Bounder 35H/E?

Wife and I are brand new to the RV world. We have been looking for months at various RV's and really like the floor plan on the 08 Bounder 35H or '07 35E because of the 1.5 baths.

We will jump into the full time RV lifestyle as soon as we sell our house and have committed ourselces to at least 2 years in whatever RV we purchase.

Since this is our 1st RV I'd rather buy used than new (depreciation factor), but even the price of a new Bounder 35H is within our range. If we buy new, about how much off the sticker did you get? Between 20% and 25%?

Having heard some opinions from other RV owners of different brands, "Fleetwood is like the Yugos of the RV world" and "... they have quality issues." I haven't seen too many negative comments about Bounders, or Fleetwood in general in this forum at all. Heck, everything will have a glich here & there.

I'd love to hear what current Fleetwood owners say about their rigs... both the good and bad. Can you help us make a decision?

Thanks in advance!
Steve & Kathy
Jacksonville, FL
stevebxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2008, 04:32 AM   #2

Wife and I are brand new to the RV world. We have been looking for months at various RV's and really like the floor plan on the 08 Bounder 35H or '07 35E because of the 1.5 baths.

We will jump into the full time RV lifestyle as soon as we sell our house and have committed ourselces to at least 2 years in whatever RV we purchase.

Since this is our 1st RV I'd rather buy used than new (depreciation factor), but even the price of a new Bounder 35H is within our range. If we buy new, about how much off the sticker did you get? Between 20% and 25%?

Having heard some opinions from other RV owners of different brands, "Fleetwood is like the Yugos of the RV world" and "... they have quality issues." I haven't seen too many negative comments about Bounders, or Fleetwood in general in this forum at all. Heck, everything will have a glich here & there.

I'd love to hear what current Fleetwood owners say about their rigs... both the good and bad. Can you help us make a decision?

Thanks in advance!
Steve & Kathy
Jacksonville, FL
stevebxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:17 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2 Steve.

I've had an RV in one form or another since 1970, from a 17' Shasta travel trailer to my current rig. Most of them have been Fleetwood products: Flair, Bounder, Southwind, Pace Arrow..... We had a Bounder 35E and loved it... I can honestly say I've never had a major or even semi-major problem with the coach ( on wood). Any issue I had was quickly taken care of by Fleetwood.

I know I've been fortunate, as others have had different experiences. But, having been doing this for ~40 years, I've seen problems with all makes and models.

The Bounder is a good product. Find the unit you like and go for it.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome aboard!!! We have a 08 Pace Arrow our 1st MH and love it. We also full time. All I can say is to do your homework and make sure the dealer has a good reputation of service after the sale...then enjoy!!!
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
No complaints on our Bounder that were not resolved through our dealer and/or Fleetwood.

The 35H is the only true 1 1/2 bath Bounder. Betty wanted the storage instead of the second toilet.

We ordered ours and got a little over 26% off MSRP. Happy shopping, I hope you will be happy with whatever you choose.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hey, Steve & Kathy. Glad you found this site.

I think the Bounder is a great rv. We really enjoy ours. It's got a lot of features at a decent price. Discounts in the 20-25% range are quite common. As with cars, it all depends on the dealer & how popular the model is.

I know there's the camp of buy used & let the other guy take the depreciation hit & work out the bugs. It's a valid position & can save you a lot of money & time. However, if a new coach is in the budget, then go I'd new. Sure, there can be the things that need attention & issues to work out, but, that's what warranties are for.

IMO, we got rv's so we didn't have to sleep in hotels where someone else has been, wondering what's in/on the mattress, how clean the glassware was & any germs in it are our own, not someone else's. To me, buying used is like going back to that hotel with it's unknown "ammenities", so to speak.

Only you can choose what's right for you. Take your time & be informed about your purchase. If you do, then you'll enjoy whatever you buy & will make many happy memories in it.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
If I was a first time buyer I would buy new...the rig in my signature was the first one I purchased used after six class C's purchased new over twenty some years...purchasing used requires experience, I think.

All that said, my Bounder is the best built and thought out RV I've owned, a very well equipped, well designed, well appointed RV.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been RVing for more than thirty years. 3 truck campers, 14 trailers, 2 motorhomes. Our second is our current 35H. After being married for over 36 years it is still very seldom my wife and I agree on what we like but I can tell you, we both fell in love with the 1.5 bath idea. We first saw it at our local RV show. We tried to make a deal but could not get together with that dealer even though we had purchased the class c new from him 18 months prior.

First a little back round. My father ran an RV repair business for over 25 years and I did a lot of work for him over the years. I learned to look at a unit pretty carefully.

We began to search out other 1.5 bath units and looked at and drove over 12 different units. The one thing we found that after driving several differnt manufactures units of similar floor plans, the Bounder 35H seemed to have the most conistant quality and we drove 4 35Hs. So that made up our minds on the unit now the search was on the best deal. We found a dealer within 50 miles of our home that was willing to trade in both our Class C and a small 18' travel trailer I had been using for a protable office. We then ordered the unit with every option possible including the tv and furniture upgrades. Once again we have owned a few RVs and several boats and totally understand the "bug" list. The dealer insisted we stay on his campsite for several days and make our list. I can tell you, it was the shortest list we have ever had. About an hours work on Monday and we were off. No issues since accept some sind noise issues we are working though. It also seem to be the unit with the leaat rattles and skeaks and we love the way it drives.

We are sold on the Bounder being a great value for the price. I am sure many wuill consider it an "entry level" class A but it is going to fill our need for quite some time.

'08 Bounder 35 H
Monty W S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
We just bought an 08 Fleetwood Fiesta this month and so far we love it. A few minor issues but you expect that in anything that size.

Fleetwood fit within our budget and was a very nice looking deal so we took it. Haven't looked back since and have been wondering how we lived in trailers camping for the last 20 years
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote