Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
Tim,
What's the verdict on the vacuflush,does your new coach have it or no?
No vacuflush
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
No vacuflush
No vacuflush? I'd take it back. Now what are you going to have to be troublesome? Or do you have one of those auto transfer switches, Hydro whatever high end furnace, or a pump to chew up your poopy so you can have a smooth delivery to the sewage treatment plant? You at least need a switch next to everything which has water coming out of it so you can shut the pump off after using a faucet. Don't worry though. If something springs a leak it will be when you are hooked up to a shore line anyway. I know for sure you always shut the water line off coming to the MH before you leave the camp site.
Just kidding! I hope you enjoy your new purchase.
Lynn
Old 11-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
No vacuflush
No vacuflush,good deal,less is more when it comes to the (throne).Enjoy your new ride,tim,may your problems be minor and few,safe travels.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
The trip home was pretty uneventful except for the dash issues in post #8. I tighten the screws last night and everything was loose again at about 200 miles today. Re-tightened at a rest area and loose within 130 miles. I will look into longer screws and maybe a few more but not before I see if I can get my hand near where they would come through to make sure I wouldn't be damaging anything.I will confer with Idaho as as well since he has fixed this on his rig.

How is Fleetwood to work with? Do they assign a customer rep to your specific rig? Will they let you in on how to take care of some items if you are able?
Old 11-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #19

Fleetwood has been great to work with for me. I explained to them I had little faith in the local dealer fixing the issues and I'm recently retired certified industrial mechanic. They sent me parts so I could complete repairs myself. (like aux. gen. fuel pump and all accessories to allow the gen. to run under all conditions). My purchasing dealer 275 mi away has also been helpful.
No major issues. Our motorhome overall is now a very enjoyable and quiet unit, I rather like improving its quality as a hobby.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #20

Tim
In your case since going back to the dealer you bought the coach from is not practical I'ld contact customer service and if your close to Decatur IN take it to the factory service center. They will take care of you there. If you show them any valid issue no matter how big or trivial they will take care of it. How things work if you can't get to Decatur is beyond my experience. Any information I have asked for about my coach has been speedily provided.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:16 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Who registers the UIN with Fleetwood? Is that something done by the selling distributor. I checked last night and my number isn't listed yet.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Who registers the UIN with Fleetwood? Is that something done by the selling distributor. I checked last night and my number isn't listed yet.
Your dealer. Your dealer should have given you a plastic 'credit card looking'
card with VIN. UNI, and Fleetwood HELP phone numbers. It will likely take some days for the information to be entered into the system.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Never mind, they registered it this morning.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
Your dealer. Your dealer should have given you a plastic 'credit card looking'
card with VIN. UNI, and Fleetwood HELP phone numbers. It will likely take some days for the information to be entered into the system.

They must have entered things into the system this morning but I did not get a plastic card with this information.

Hmmm.

I sent an e-mail to Fleetwood about how the process would work and offered to help with any repairs that they were comfortable with me doing. Lets see how that works out.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Off topic, but what engine is that in your avatar?
Old 11-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #26

Quote:
Off topic, but what engine is that in your avatar?
Off topic but I guess it's since it's Your thread!

My 2005 Dodge Ram SRT 10 truck. It has a factory 8.3 L Viper V-10 engine. I worked with Bassani Exhaust to make a C.A.R.B legal ceramic header exhaust. I was also a Beta tester for the Gen.4 Viper car exhaust through Belanger Exhaust. I wish we had an exhaust option for the newer Ford v-10 The factory Ford 6.8L exhaust has very little room for improvement.

Note: The wife says our Fleetwood Warranty card came in the US mail a week or so after our purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SRTRamEx.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	111501   Click image for larger version

Name:	37.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	111502  

Old 11-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Very sharp engine setup. The avatar reminded me of the engine in my sons 68 Chevelle.

He has a big block 574. Makes 750HP at the flywheel but only 650 at the wheels. It's a beast.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Very sharp engine setup. The avatar reminded me of the engine in my sons 68 Chevelle.

He has a big block 574. Makes 750HP at the flywheel but only 650 at the wheels. It's a beast.
The after market engines available for older cars now are unbelievable! The newer basically Stock smog passable power plants is my thing. The Stock Ram set Guiness records. Not bad for a huge stock truck @ 154+mph average speed. (500 hp, 525tq.)

"Viper-powered Ram SRT-10 Claims "World's Fastest Production Pickup Truck" Guiness Title
The Dodge Ram SRT-10 unleashed its Viper power on February 2, 2004, taking its place in the Guiness Book of World Records as the World's Fastest Production Pickup Truck. In a new release, Dodge said the truck that set the new world record came directly off the Saltillo, Mexico, assembly line and was not modified in any way for additional power or enhanced aerodynamics. The Dodge Ram SRT-10 posted a two-lap, both-directions average speed of 154.587 mph over a "flying kilometer" on the 4.71-mile oval at the DaimlerChrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea. The record run by the Dodge Ram SRT-10 was certified by the Guiness Book of World Records and the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). The previous record was 147.54 mph, set last July by the Ford SVT F-150 Lightning, before the Dodge Ram SRT-10 went into production."

Tags
fleetwood