RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #71

That's kinda what I was getting at.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #72

Yup, that makes more sense. The "crossover" models seem more related than the others. It seems that they will only start another prefix if there is a fair amount of response concerning a particular model or models. I think I've seen only 4 or 5 of us dealing with issues concerning our "crossovers" so it makes sense to let it go as it is until more folks get involved. I would suggest that we get used to using the terminology of "Storm". "Flair". "Crossover" or some such thing which all of usins do in Bold at the beginning of our questions or replies. Just some thoughts from a doddering old retired sailor with nothing better to do.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #73

The weekend went well. The repair to the dash held over a total of about 240 miles, but I still need to swap out the sheet metal screws for the self tapping so the vinyl trim will fit without the screw heads showing.

Once done I still need to seal the connections between the fiberglass, vinyl dash and structural tube as I still get some air through the connection. I am thinking of either using a caulk or maybe just go with a simple foil tape like we use on duct. It would provide no insulation value but would seal off the connection from air movement.

I do plan to insulate this area as Idaho has done because it definitely needs it.

No other issues this weekend. I did notice that the front of the coach is much colder than the rear. The closest heat outlet is under the sink which leaves about 8' of coach with no direct heat source. I can either supplement with an electric heater, or install some additional insulation underneath, or perhaps both. Again, I think Idaho has done this to his Storm and is heading out into the cold again soon. Open to suggestions here.

I do have one issue that is coming to light with me and that is the rear view camera. In short the Jensen radio as a monitor stinks. I have not figured out how to adjust brightness, contrast, color or anything to make this thing work better. At night all I see is a big blur where my Toad should be. I get a little reflection off of the license plate but that is about all. The Jensen unit is mounted way too low for a good viewing angle and even though the remote control for it has a TILT button it does nothing so is probably not an option on my unit.

Has anyone else come up with a better solution? If I don't figure something out soon I will buy a separate monitor for the rear that I can control better. Then I will have to figure out and where to mount it.

Still loving the Storm even with the challenges.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #74

I have a 2015 terra 31c which is like a Storm except the couch is on the drivers side and the table is on the passengers' side also the tail is not one piece fiberglass. The Jensen radio can be taken out of the dash and tilted up a bit with some cutting of opening were it is mounted. So after changing the angle of the radio and not liking still having to look down to see the screen, I picked up a Garmin RV760lmt and used a RCA Y connecter to hook up to the side and back up cameras. You will need to buy the cable for the camera hook up from Garmin, the RCA Y is easy to buy local.
The Terra couch being on the drivers side has a heater duct that has outlet at the end of the couch closest to the drives area.
Also check the fuel inlet from the body to the tank, on mine the tubing was about 12" too long and was almost pinched flat. I took pictures of this problem and other fit and finish problems and give the dealer a visual and written punch list. It helped to make sure the dealer and myself were talking about the same area.
I will say General RV in Dover, FL have been great to work with and I do recommend them. Sorry for the long post. Frank.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:36 AM   #75

I have the garmin RV760. Is your camera on all the time or is there a soft button to turn it on and off so you still have use of the GPS?
Old 11-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #76

The Garmin has a soft touch button on the screen you can use to switch back from rear view to gps. I use the Jensen screen on rear view to watch to towed or motorcycle trailer. I don't use the am/fm radio as I have a XM Onyx radio going into the aux port on the Jensen. The XM antenna is installed and I found it on the drivers side in roof above the drop down bed, it took a little fishing around to find. The video splitter for the cameras was found mounted inside toward the center of the dash screwed to firewall. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post some of the fit and finish issues found so far.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #77

How is the quality on your view at night. The LEDs on the camera washout the picture pretty bad on mine.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverh View Post
Yup, that makes more sense. The "crossover" models seem more related than the others. It seems that they will only start another prefix if there is a fair amount of response concerning a particular model or models. I think I've seen only 4 or 5 of us dealing with issues concerning our "crossovers" so it makes sense to let it go as it is until more folks get involved. I would suggest that we get used to using the terminology of "Storm". "Flair". "Crossover" or some such thing which all of usins do in Bold at the beginning of our questions or replies. Just some thoughts from a doddering old retired sailor with nothing better to do.
From what I have seen we would be best to create a new thread for each specific issue or topic much as we would if we had a sub forum. This would be more likely to catch the eye of the mods.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:22 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
From what I have seen we would be best to create a new thread for each specific issue or topic much as we would if we had a sub forum. This would be more likely to catch the eye of the mods.
I agree with you Tim. For EX. the issue you have with the instrument panel could apply to any model. This thread is in reference to a Storm. How many would have missed some valuable information if they passed over the thread owning a Flair. I'd bet there is very little structural difference between the two.
Lynn
Old 11-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #80

Notice I have started a new thread about the storm, flair, Terra crossover's insulation. Is there a model I am leaving out?

Tags
fleetwood