RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Community Administrator
 
CLIFFTALL's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36,407
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie-Owl

When my light is off the steps are deactivated. So for example, if the steps are out and I turn the switch off(light off). When I close the door the step stays out. If the steps were in when I turn the switch off, the steps stay in. Does that make sense to you?
Not to me. I never touch my switch. My steps are extended all the time I'm parked. When I start the engine, they retract. When I open the door they extend and stay extended until I start the engine again.
__________________

__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
FRR2EYW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Front Royal, Va.
Posts: 391
Cliff, I'm with you. However I did call Fleetwood and they used two of my favorite terms in the explanation, Lawyers and lawsuits. It is the way it is because somebody stepped where there wasn't a step and didn't have the sense to open their eyes. Enough of a rant.

Hootie, If you haven't tried to reverse the wires, don't. The light then stays on all the time regardless of the position of the switch. I blew a fuse and now it doesn't light at all and the steps move every time I open and close the door. Can't find the blown fuse. Not in the bath, not behind the door under the dash.

One day I will learn not to mess with it if it isn't broke. I'll also learn that broke doesn't mean it's not the way I think it should be.
__________________

__________________
Shawn M.
2011 Fleetwood Expedition
2014 Chevy Traverse
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
Community Administrator
 
CLIFFTALL's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36,407
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW
Cliff, I'm with you. However I did call Fleetwood and they used two of my favorite terms in the explanation, Lawyers and lawsuits. It is the way it is because somebody stepped where there wasn't a step and didn't have the sense to open their eyes. Enough of a rant.

Hootie, If you haven't tried to reverse the wires, don't. The light then stays on all the time regardless of the position of the switch. I blew a fuse and now it doesn't light at all and the steps move every time I open and close the door. Can't find the blown fuse. Not in the bath, not behind the door under the dash.

One day I will learn not to mess with it if it isn't broke. I'll also learn that broke doesn't mean it's not the way I think it should be.
On my Bounder, the step motor and step switch fuses are in the BCC.
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Lincolnboy2's Avatar


 
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grand Prairie, TX (DFW)
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
On my Bounder, the step motor and step switch fuses are in the BCC.
What is BCC?
__________________
Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Ferbie (ShihTzu) Lilly (PicaTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer, Zoey, Susie, Angie
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
Community Administrator
 
CLIFFTALL's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36,407
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2

What is BCC?
Sorry Kent. Battery control center.
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
IMDSailor's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 871
I'm going to chirp in here, Now I know I don't have the same rig as yours but when I store mine I have to have the house door closed then turn off the switch. Everything stays away and off when your reopen to door to leave. Makes for a bit of a leap out but it works.
Just thought it might help a bit.
Stewart
__________________
Stewart & Kim. 2011 Serrano 31V, MaxForce 7 w/ Allison 6 Sp. Fiat 500 Sport Diesel Pusher.
Surge Guard 3450, TST 510, Sliverleaf VMSpc, RVND 7710. Blue Ox Tow. 2010 Arctic Cat 700 TRV.
Someday your life may flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
The General's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 1,037
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie-Owl View Post
When my light is off the steps are deactivated. So for example, if the steps are out and I turn the switch off(light off). When I close the door the step stays out. If the steps were in when I turn the switch off, the steps stay in. Does that make sense to you?
When my switch light is on, the steps are "deactivated."
This is the Fleetwood configured normal operation.
__________________
Steve Bernard
2009 Sportscoach Legend 40QS
425HP Cummins ISL/Allison3000/Freightliner XC-R
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,023
If the steps are Kwikee take a look at the control box. this is under the RV, on the top frame of the steps (Above the stop step when retracted, below the first indoor step when extended or retracted)

If it is a retangel you have an "Old controller"

If it looks more like a right traingle (Really a Trapizoid) you ahve a new controller.

The old style, with the switch off and the ignition off the steps stayed put, neither extending or retracting, The switch was called a power switch in the manual.

With the switch on the steps follow the door (or with the ignition on either way)

ON the new style, with the switch ON and ignition off. the steps extend and stay extended. Switch off the steps follow the door (ignition does not matte here)

Both with Ignition on steps follow door but only if the door is CLOSED after the engine is started on the new controller (Do not know about the old one)

If you climb in, do not turn off switch, and then start the steps stay out on the new style.

There are other differences too (one the door switch is Normally open, the other it's normally closed) just so you know.
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
FRR2EYW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Front Royal, Va.
Posts: 391
Final update: Called Fleetwood, found fuse in BCC, replaced fuse. Light stays on when in the mode that steps stay out unless the key is turned. I'm over it, I'll live with it. If this is the biggest thing I have to worry about, then I am one really lucky guy. Thanks for all the help. This forum is the greatest.
__________________
Shawn M.
2011 Fleetwood Expedition
2014 Chevy Traverse
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
The General's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 1,037
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
If the steps are Kwikee take a look at the control box. this is under the RV, on the top frame of the steps (Above the stop step when retracted, below the first indoor step when extended or retracted)

If it is a retangel you have an "Old controller"

If it looks more like a right traingle (Really a Trapizoid) you ahve a new controller.

The old style, with the switch off and the ignition off the steps stayed put, neither extending or retracting, The switch was called a power switch in the manual.

With the switch on the steps follow the door (or with the ignition on either way)

ON the new style, with the switch ON and ignition off. the steps extend and stay extended. Switch off the steps follow the door (ignition does not matte here)

Both with Ignition on steps follow door but only if the door is CLOSED after the engine is started on the new controller (Do not know about the old one)

If you climb in, do not turn off switch, and then start the steps stay out on the new style.

There are other differences too (one the door switch is Normally open, the other it's normally closed) just so you know.
wa8yxm,

Concise easy to understand.

__________________

__________________
Steve Bernard
2009 Sportscoach Legend 40QS
425HP Cummins ISL/Allison3000/Freightliner XC-R
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.