Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #15

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope to be able to get around 25% off, but it doesnt look like I can if I have to order a coach. Atleast ordering locally.

The Ford V10 is $3000 cheaper and would give me the same CCC as the W22. Is there any problem with doing this?

Thanks for your time. I appreciate your input.

Darryl
dsrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is there any problem with doing this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you are going to settle for a 22,000 GVWR, which is contrary to most of the advice you have received here, AND then you settle for the F-53 chassis, you will not get the Allison 6 speed tranny or the GM 8.1 L motor.

Before you settle for the lowest priced unit, may I suggest you find a 36D on the W-22 and the Ford 22,000 pound chassis and drive them both. I think you will find the W-22 is superior. However, only you can decide what is best for your family and wallet.

FWIW, the dealer SHOULD be willing to give at least as good a % off when ordering a coach because he has nothing invested (other than the salesman's time). No floor plan interest, no advertising cost, and he probably gets your money before he has to make full payment to FW. If your local dealer won't deal on an ordered coach, it is time to find another dealer! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #17

And remember that 150,000 k for W-22 is base MSRP add about 10,000 for all the extras you will want.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">add about 10,000 for all the extras you will want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BLASTER: Please elaborate, I need to know what kind of options are needed on this floor plan. Thanks, ED
Old 11-17-2006, 05:13 AM   #19

Hi There have just joined your site .....We Are Proud Owners of New 2007 Pace Arrow Mode 36D. You really have to live it to believe the room the full wall slide gives..it is phenomenal! We searched for about 6 months before deciding on this floor plan..yes when the slides are in it is somewhat tight...in our opinion it had to have the Workhorse 24 Chassis otherwise cargo carrying cap. would just not work for us...We found two dealers willing to get us out the door for aprox. 25% off MSRP..so please do not buy this without negoitating...One was in Montana one in San Diego. I have the list of options and the "add on prices" so was able to compute what we should pay. We ended up with some options I do not want such as the dinette and ulta leather sofa sleeper..but we needed this in a hurry..so we are changing them out. I will be happy to answer questions..Its really an amazing coach..you never have a issue moving around..plenty of room to cook, do laundery, go to the bathroom (at same time!) and you never run into any one...we will be tweaking this for a long time..items such as added pantry space..sufficient computer station work space..oh just a side note the rear t.v is also a computer monitor so my hubbie has put his CPU IN there and can watch t.v or go on line via wi fi or DSL at home..have not worked out mouse and keyboard location to our satisfaction currently sits on bed with long wires. We also have had some "new rig" issues..such as leaking toliet, slide out of alignment, hot water heater will not work on electric, but we are optimistic that these issues will be worked out ....I will post pics any questions just ask!
rv4jimnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:10 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
rv4jimnme, welcome to irv2
Congrats on your new coach
Thanks for your input on this hot subject. Since this model has come out there has been alot of interest on chassis and features.
We will all look with interest for your future posts on the 36D.
If you have a Sealand toilet check the steel band around center of it for tightness, common leak area, your hot water heater may have a switch on the face of heater outside that needs to be turned on.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #21

We do plan to test drive the PA 36D on the W22 chassis this weekend. They have another PA, different floorplan, with the Ford chassis that we will test drive as well.

I figured the line about ordering a unit being more expensive was not true. They are trying to get rid of the one off the lot. I would have to believe it is favorable to order a unit and not have to keep it on the lot.

The unit on the lot is a 2006 36D w/
washer/dryer
dual AC w/heat pump
satellite radio
auto satellite
power sunvisor
ultra leather furn
side dinette
Queen bed air matress
MSRP on W22 chassis is $155,736.00

Thanks for all of your suggestions and insight!! Please respond with any useful information you believe I should have, or consider.

Darryl
dsrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They have another PA, different floorplan, with the Ford chassis that we will test drive as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
DARRYL: As long as the two units weigh approx. the same, driving both the Workhorse and the Ford based PAs, you should be able to decide which has the ride and handleing characteristics you prefer. Hopefully you can find a W-24 based unit somewhere, to test also.

Please let us hear what you felt were the differences in the two after you drive them. Thanks, ED
Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #23

rv4jimnme: Welcome to iRV2.com We are glad you joined and appreciate your contribution to this ongoing thread. I like you screen name! Yours post reads like it was written by the "me" part, maybe we will also hear from the "jim"part someday, too.

My wife and I had looked at this floor plan, because the two toilets which we really want to keep, and had originally decided against it because at the time we were told it was only available on the W-22. Now that it can be had on the W-24 we are rethinking our decision. Then those rascals at Workhorse had to go and introduce the UFO chassis. So we put everything on hold until we can learn who is building what floor plans on the UFO, which I REALLY want!

Please keep us up to date as you progress with you 36D, and again, WELCOME! ED
Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #24

Hi there..sorry I was so long in getting back to this site..am on the road so a little jerky on laptop..let me see if I remember your concerns/questions....after I wrote the glowing report we had a problem with full wall slide..which was it did not close all the way in back..about 1 inch off of closing...we then embarked on a "nitemare" of repair problems which involved living in our coach for two weeks without full slide (bedroom slide ok)...and four (count them) nites in dealer's RV lot...HOWEVER, WE are now fixed thanks to Rebecca in Customer Care Irvine CA and on the road..still must say once you own a full wall slide with two potties..there's no going back..for us anyway... have the 24 UFO chassis and is a 2007....still love it....we are having problems with getting it out of park sometimes....and today could not leave until we went and purchased a qt of oil....anybody near San Luis Obispo CA????we are headed to Cayucos for Xmas..
yeah Ed it is the ME AM also hoping the Jim will get on here heh.
take care
Marlene
rv4jimnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the follow up Marlene some people are interested.
Are you saying you have a new UFO chassis with a rear engine
How is your HW on elect and is your toilet fixed.
Enjoy your coach and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #26

Still looking for "news" from 36D owners. ED
Old 05-03-2007, 04:20 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello to all, glad to find this information on the 36D (and not a bra size). We are going from a fifth wheel to a motor home and seriousely looking at the Pace Arrow 36D. I have been communciating with Lazy Days in Florida, we are fulltiming in Livingston LA. We are waiting on the 2008's to arrive, talking with Lazydays the 2008's will not have many changes except for colors and carpet selection. I am very interested in the UFO chassis. I'll be checking back for any new information.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:02 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is rv4jimnie saying they have the UFO chassis with the rear gas engine in a Pace Arrow 36D? If so I want one.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote