RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #141

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser-2011-del View Post
I've started having a problem with both the zone 1 and 2 A/C units, they start, but do not continue to run. I've checked the EMS (Energy Management System) and it does not indicate any load shedding. The A/C fans start, but the compressor only runs for about 15 seconds or less before it stops. Has anyone else seen this problem or a problem with the A/C - Heater control unit?
Are you plugged into 30 amp? On ours only zone 1 runs on 30 amp or geni. If both are on they stop pumping out cold air.

Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #142

No, I'm plugged into 50 amp. I've never tried running both A/C units on a 30 amp connection, however both units will run on the generator at the same time. I'm beginning to suspect its a problem with the control unit located in both A/C units, namely the freeze sensor. According to the manuals, it the freeze sensor thinks the unit is freezing up, it shuts down the compressor, but the fan continues to run until the unit thaws. Number 2 is giving me more problems than one, but I've not located the control unit or sensor.

ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #143

bfiracer were having the fuel issues as well but for us its the inlet neck (both sides)there's not enough fall so the fuel puddles at the elbows so it kicks off the fuel nozzle which makes it a slow process (25-30 minutes for just 25 gallons)were going in to rev center Coburg in Oct hopefully they have figured out a fix plus the many other issues they need to fix anyone else having fuel issues
Peters440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #144

Peters440 - We have a '15 FW Excursion 35B. First time we fueled up, it took forever as well. Second time I removed the fill cap on the opposite side - result when full, diesel spilled out that fill. Now I just loosen the fill cap on the opposite side. In almost 3 years, have not had any issues with slow fuel fill.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #145

2018 36u

Thank you for your suggestion of opening the other side fuel cap Im currently doing that now and it really doesn't help my situation regardless of what side I fuel up the drop from we're you insert the pump nozzle to the elbow from the tank isn't enough to let the fuel Flow without it kicking back and making the pump nozzle kick off it's not a venting issue but a installation issue I'm thinking we'll see what the techs say in Coburg next month among the other things that need attention
Peters440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #146

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our house batteries have bit the dust. We have the factory batteries and inverter along with 600 watts of solar. Any recommendations on replacement batteries? I was thinking of lithiam until I read about all of the changes that would need to be done to adapt to lithiam, since the coach is currently dead, I will have to consider that next time around. Any recommendations on replacement batteries?
Old 11-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #147

Batts

I have had good luck with the trojan 6v, I replaced my batteries with 4 of them.Did it myself. I think the constant charging by solar and drain of the inverter wears thru them faster
bfiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #148

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiracer View Post
I have had good luck with the trojan 6v, I replaced my batteries with 4 of them.Did it myself. I think the constant charging by solar and drain of the inverter wears thru them faster
Thank you, I'll look into these
Old 11-08-2018, 08:16 PM   #149

Power Leveling System issue

We were pulling out for a long trip and the power leveling system began to beep and all the lights on the board lit up. Stopped and checked again to ensure the jacks were up and had stayed up. They were. Finally called Fleetwood CS tech support. The man on the phone knew right away what it was. Told me to check the hydraulic oil level in the power leveling storage tank. It was low. Bought a quart of Dexron III, filled it up to pinky finger level in the tank per CS guy, cranked up the MH and everything was A-OK. The tank can be found in the last compartment on the passenger side at back to the left when you open the door.
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:46 AM   #150

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenith46 View Post
We were pulling out for a long trip and the power leveling system began to beep and all the lights on the board lit up. Stopped and checked again to ensure the jacks were up and had stayed up. They were. Finally called Fleetwood CS tech support. The man on the phone knew right away what it was. Told me to check the hydraulic oil level in the power leveling storage tank. It was low. Bought a quart of Dexron III, filled it up to pinky finger level in the tank per CS guy, cranked up the MH and everything was A-OK. The tank can be found in the last compartment on the passenger side at back to the left when you open the door.
Thanks for the report! Enjoy your trip
Old 11-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #151

I also purchased my 2017 36U the same time as you. Its interesting that both rigs had a lot of the same minor problems (shower door leak - due to bottom trim on backwards, ice maker not working - due to kink in line, and a number other minor issues). Did not seem like Fleetwood would help with getting these items resolved under warrantee - in a timely fashion. I fixed most of them myself but did have Whirlpool service repair frig, Freightliner and Cummins repair 2 of their items. All said, my wife and I are very happy with our coach.
Jshealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailguy252 View Post
We also have a 36U that has been in the shop for the same bed slide issue. We understand that the bed is larger than the space allocated from side to side and that creates binding of the bed articulation mechanism. This leads to the slide not being able to function appropriately. Supposedly Fleetwood is aware of the issue. Other than that we love the coach.
I had the same issue. I moved the bed slide limit switch forward a couple of inches (which was set to far back) and also trimmed about 3" from the side of the mattress. I also put electrical tape around the plug connection to bed slide motor. All seems good since doing these modifications.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #153

Solar pre-wire help

Is there anybody that has experience on where the wires terminate from solar pre-wire mounting kit on the 36u. I am wanting to install 2 or 3 160w solar panels and can't find end of wires to mount solar controller. I am assuming that there are two 10 gauge wires located somewhere near the battery compartment. Fleetwood tech says they should be there. Appreciate any help.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:55 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshealy View Post
Is there anybody that has experience on where the wires terminate from solar pre-wire mounting kit on the 36u. I am wanting to install 2 or 3 160w solar panels and can't find end of wires to mount solar controller. I am assuming that there are two 10 gauge wires located somewhere near the battery compartment. Fleetwood tech says they should be there. Appreciate any help.
I have also been interested in installing solar on my PA 36U. I would really appreciate it if you would post your progress. Are you also converting to Lithium batteries? What solar system have you decided to go with?

vgolec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, 36u, fleetwood, pace arrow, review