RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #183

Having a bellow leak in the VacuFlush system has been a real concern for me. I have heard others say they have had similar issues with the bellow cracking and leaking, and if not caught soon enough you will have sewage in the compartment. To help reduce the issue of filling up the compartment with sewage, I installed a leak detector on the back wall and ran the sensor down an under the bellow. You can see the sensor under the hose clamp, taped with black gorilla tape. Hopefully, if a leak starts it will be small and the leak detector will sense the moisture.
https://smile.amazon.com/Glentronics...gateway&sr=8-3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leak_Detector.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	239535  

vgolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2019, 06:43 AM   #184

I've also installed a water detector between the vacuum pump and vacuum tank. This is a stop gap measure. I'm now looking at having an aluminum pan made that will fill the entire area in which the pump assemble resides with at least a one inch edge. I'll have some 3/4 inch treaded aluminum spaces welded to the pan to attach the vacuum pump and tank. This should make the entire unit leak proof incase the bellows fails again. This is something that REV/Fleetwood should have done in the first place. Its just poor engineering the way the unit is currently installed.

ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #185

Send a message via AIM to Peters440
Well I also had my vac-flush pump implode in only 14 months Dometic sent me a new one (even thou the warranty was out by 2-months)and FYI if you get a replacement from domectic its only warranty for 90 days so they told me to keep the old one so im going to rebuild it as a spare as I know the new one will fail its just when I like the alum-pan idea and I also installed a leak detector aswell and learned a great lesson on what you keep in that basement compartment were that pump sits
Peters440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:24 AM   #186

Fabricating an aluminum drip pan is a good idea. Any thought on a drain? Please share pics when you have it completed.
vgolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:58 AM   #187

I'm not concerned about a drain. I just want to catch any waste before it drains on to the items stored below the pump assembly. Some of the waste I had in my bay would require a 1 1/2 to 2 inch drain, plus where would it drain except on to the ground which would not make the campground owners very happy. I'm going to have to replace the plywood sheet that the pump sits on. The leak I experienced soaked into the board and is causing it to start to delaminate, not to mention, I've not been able to remove the smell resulting from the spill. I'm going to replace it with a 1/4 inch piece of plastic wood. I've found some available through Defender Marine supply under the name of starboard in various sizes and thicknesses.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #188

Tail lights not working

I have seen the posts about brake lights not working, mine are, but I have no taillights. All of the upper marker lights are working but not the back half of lower markers, or taillights.
I don't know where the fuses are, the ones under the dash appear to be good.
I would appreciate any ideas.
dklinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:14 PM   #189

Just got ours back from the dealership. Our brake light was out. They replaced the bulb and that didnít work, so they did something else and got it to work, BUT the back half of the lower marker lights are not working. The light problem appears to be a wiring harness problem that will require Freightliner to repair. What we were told by Fleetwood is that there will most likely be a recall on this.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #190

Certain X-line multiplexed chassis are having a problem with the rear PDM's. This unit controls most if not all the lights at the rear of the motorhome. I've already had mine replaced once, but apparently not with a new and improved version. An interim recall notice has been posted with the NHTSA number 18V-582.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #191

Pace Arrow 36u

Thanks for the imput.
I will keep working on it
dklinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #192

Getting an aluminum pan made to order proved to be cost prohibited. Found another alternative that should work just as well. I purchased a 20X30 inch plastic dog kenel pan from Petco. The an is large enough to hold the pump and vacuum tank. The pan has sides which are approximately 3/4 high. Once installed, I'll seal the hold down bolts with black silicon adheasive and reinstall the moisture detector. If the bellows fails again, this should hold and fecal matter until the moisture detector alerts me of the problem. I've also replace the original plywood deck with a piece of 1/4 inch black starboard.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #193

Thanks for the info. As I look at the shelf and the bin, do you think itís possible to just enclose the shelf itself to contain any spillage?
Old 04-20-2019, 05:18 AM   #194

I plan on doing that as well. Once I replace the existing wood shelf with a piece of starboard, I'll seal along the back and sides with black silicon adheasive chaulk. I plan on putting a strip of starboard across the front and sealing that as well. The problem with starboard, or any of the plastic wood products, is that its hard to get anthing to stick to the product. They usually require heat welding and/or mechanical fastners to join two pieces together.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #195

Would love to see pics when you are done
Old 04-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #196

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I don't know if there's a particular reason you want to use Starboard or not but you are correct in that it's hard to glue, needs to be welded since it's a polyolefin (HDPE I believe). Other options exist however. If color or texture doesn't matter both acrylic and polycarbonate glue/bond together very well. Both are available in colors if you choose. A better choice however would be PVC (readily available in grey and white) or ABS (readily available in black and beige). Both glue together easily and are impervious to what you're hoping you won't need them for. All are available in any thickness/size you want. Should be able to get them from ebay, Amazon or a local plastics distributor and none of them are expensive.
Dave

MoHo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, 36u, fleetwood, pace arrow, review