RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2017, 05:15 AM   #15

Xman11 - on our unit they are replacing the entire bed mechanism - there were issues with the mechanism not operating smoothly which led to the gears stripping and not moving the bed - we are in the process of having the dealer put new mechanicals in from Fleetwood. Bed should move effortlessly and if not may need to replace bed with one that is not quite as wide as the original. Will see when we get it back in a few weeks. We purchased from LaMesa and they have been great.

Sailguy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2017, 05:27 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170511_194120687.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	161673 it's finally here!

Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:29 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking unit, enjoy it.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:09 AM   #18

That rig is gorgeous I really love the color.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
On our 38K there is one in the radio/nav and another that has a cover over it looks like a cigarette lighter to the left of the radio/nav.

We also have a 38k. I remember seeing a USB on the stereo system by the outside tv too
Old 05-13-2017, 10:27 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
That rig is gorgeous I really love the color.
Thank you, the color was custom ordered.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
36u owners... do you have a toilet switch in the guest bathroom. I only have one in the master and if I leave it turned on all the time so people can use the guest bathroom, the grinding system tends to "grind" for no reason every 20 or 30 minutes. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 05-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
36u owners... do you have a toilet switch in the guest bathroom. I only have one in the master and if I leave it turned on all the time so people can use the guest bathroom, the grinding system tends to "grind" for no reason every 20 or 30 minutes. Anyone else experiencing this?

We have switch in master only. We have no "grinding" sounds. If the little door doesn't close it will run every few minutes to fill up. TMI but it's usually
Paper.
Dschob724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Dschob724, I'm thinking mine might be malfunctioning.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Thanks Dschob724, I'm thinking mine might be malfunctioning.

Beautiful RV you have. The custom colors are amazing! Happy and safe travels.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #25

We picked up our 2017 36U in September of 2016. So far only minor issues. Radio was replaced when it would not store stations. Bedroom slide had to be shimmed so that it would close completely at the top. Some issues with the bed, yes, its too large or the opening is too small to allow the bed mechanism to work correctly. I also pull up on the top of the mattress as the bed is retracted. This appears to keep the unit from binding. Only problem not resolved so far is a water leak from underneath the shower pan. General RV has not been able to find source of leak. Make sure you keep the oil level in the leveling reservoir within 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the fill hole. If not when you go through a turn you will hear a beeping noise. This is being generated when the level sensor in the reservoir is being uncovered during the turn.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser-2011-del View Post
We picked up our 2017 36U in September of 2016. So far only minor issues. Radio was replaced when it would not store stations. Bedroom slide had to be shimmed so that it would close completely at the top. Some issues with the bed, yes, its too large or the opening is too small to allow the bed mechanism to work correctly. I also pull up on the top of the mattress as the bed is retracted. This appears to keep the unit from binding. Only problem not resolved so far is a water leak from underneath the shower pan. General RV has not been able to find source of leak. Make sure you keep the oil level in the leveling reservoir within 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the fill hole. If not when you go through a turn you will hear a beeping noise. This is being generated when the level sensor in the reservoir is being uncovered during the turn.
Thanks for the tips! After a quick weekend shake down, on hook ups, we found a few minor issues. We too have a leak in the shower, it appears to be coming from the shower door. The motor for the toilet grinder runs every so often for no reason and the RV needs an alignment, the rear end pulls to the passenger side. There are also a few minor cosmetic issues. So far the short list is more then acceptable. We will take it out again next weekend for a quick "dry-camping" shake down then it is off to the dealer at the beginning of June for repairs. Our first REAL trip is scheduled for the end of June so we hope to have the bugs worked out by then.

Glad to hear everyone is happy with their 36U!
Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Thanks for the tips! After a quick weekend shake down, on hook ups, we found a few minor issues. We too have a leak in the shower, it appears to be coming from the shower door. The motor for the toilet grinder runs every so often for no reason and the RV needs an alignment, the rear end pulls to the passenger side. There are also a few minor cosmetic issues. So far the short list is more then acceptable. We will take it out again next weekend for a quick "dry-camping" shake down then it is off to the dealer at the beginning of June for repairs. Our first REAL trip is scheduled for the end of June so we hope to have the bugs worked out by then.

Glad to hear everyone is happy with their 36U!

Hey Xman 11. Our shower door leaks as well. We've tried everything we can think of. Next we're removing all the silicon caulking and reapplying. We've slowed it to a trickle but water in a coach is scary. Glad your shortlist is not a bad one. After our ordeal with bed mechanism, a shower door leak is minor!!
Old 05-17-2017, 09:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschob724 View Post
Hey Xman 11. Our shower door leaks as well. We've tried everything we can think of. Next we're removing all the silicon caulking and reapplying. We've slowed it to a trickle but water in a coach is scary. Glad your shortlist is not a bad one. After our ordeal with bed mechanism, a shower door leak is minor!!
Dschob724,
We had this issue as well. Turns out the shower door was put on incorrectly at the factory. Holiday World flipped the door and no more leak.
Also wanted to reply to others who hear the vacuum pump coming on every now and then. We had a pluggage and HW fixed. We now hear the pump come on a couple of times through the day. I believe they did not get the hose tight enough around the inlet piping. I have not gotten down there to see if I can tighten it better, but believe that may be all it is. We have also found that in the guest bathroom you really have to hold the foot flush all the way down and let it pop back into place, or it will not seat correctly and slowly drain the water and then the vac pump kicks in to keep vacuum on the system.

kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, 36u, fleetwood, pace arrow, review