RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #43
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschob724 View Post
AC thermostat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
Temperature sensors.
Temperature sensors for your HVAC system

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:23 AM   #44

Thanks! I never in a million years would have guessed they were temp sensors.

kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #45

Issues with 2017 36U

My bed tilt mechanism also failed while on a 2 month trip. Fleetwood was able to send me the parts required to fix the problem. However, the initial problem was due to poor quality at installation. The gear bars were out of alignment causing the drive gears to crab up the gear track causing 5 of the 8 guide rollers to fail. I've also lost the propane feature on our hot water tank, but the electric still works. Yesterday the vacuum pump switch failed on the toilet system. They still usable, but the switch must be turned on and off manually to flush the toilets. These last two items will have to wait until we complete or trip.
Overall, I'm impressed with the MH. The quality is what I would expect for this level of RV and the chassis and engine have given me no problems, so far.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
We took our 36u in for an alignment because it looked like it was crabbing down the road. (Right rear pulling to the passenger side) Alignment shop said the leveling airbags were not working properly and the passenger side was actually 2 inches lower then the drivers side. Dealer took it to freightliner who in turn said the chassis was fine that the body was on croocked. So now we sit while fleetwood and freightliner point fingers at each other.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
REV stepped in... got freightliner corporate involved and the issue is now resolved. We will be taking the rv out tomorrow to see how everything works.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #48

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
REV stepped in... got freightliner corporate involved and the issue is now resolved. We will be taking the rv out tomorrow to see how everything works.

Good news Xman. Glad it worked out. I had to get Fleetwood involved when our bed stopped working. They were instrumental in getting parts to Lazy Days who had more excuses than RVs on their lot. Happy travels!
Dschob724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #49

So what was ultimately wrong with why it was 2 inches lower?
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
So what was ultimately wrong with why it was 2 inches lower?
Alignment shop said the self leveling bags were not working. Freightliner said everything was level and working fine. After REV spoke with freightliner, freightliner corporate sent my dealer instructions on what to do.
The dealers notes state "removed leveling valve on drivers side and swapped it to passenger side. Relocated all airlines and installed a loom to rescecure properly. Made all adjustments and unit was still not level. Made a metal extension in the rear from air level valve to axel 1". Unit is sitting level within fleetwood specs"
Hope it works. We will know tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #51

What a pain in the A. Hopefully all your troubles are over.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #52

Serious problem with the vacuum pump

Hello everyone, I wanted to let ya'll know our vacuum pump on the toilet system completely malfunctioned. We were getting ready to take the coach in to Holiday World for a previously approved repair of a crack in the paint under our bedroom slide. When we opened the compartment where the vacuum pump is located we found the bay half full of sewage. It took me over 2 hours just to pump it out where we could get it into HW without sewage spilling out of the bay. Here is the thing, the vacuum pump was working. It was keeping a vacuum on the system and allowing us to flush. Everything was coming out of the top of the pump, and we had no idea it was happening. HW is now saying they will get a completely new pump installed. Keep a close eye on your system, as it may happen to you as well. This is the 2nd major issue we have had with the vac pump. Not a happy camper, but at least it is getting fixed as a priority by HW.
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Kenith46, thanks for the heads up... My vacuflush seems to have been acting up since day one.... I'll keep an eye out.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm not yet a Fleetwood owner - just doing research. We've been looking at the Bounder 35K and the Pace Arrow 36U. Both have very similar layouts. Anyway, the reason I chimed in is because while researching the Bounder I saw all the complaints and problems with the vacu-flush system. It seemed to be a very constant issue with Bounders. Now, I see the Pace Arrow seems to share this same problem.

Good to know.

We currently have a 2015 Forest River Forester Class C. I find that scanning the forums for common issues is super helpful in both deciding on a new RV and for what issues to expect even before the purchase.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #55

Vacuum Flush and Bed Tilt

I have a 2017 Pace Arrow 36U and we've just come back from a two month trip to the South West. The unit is not yet a year old and we've experienced the same problems as stated above. The bed tilt mechanism failed two days into our trip and with Fleetwood's assistance and parts I was able to get it working again. Two problems, both related to poor quality control. The gear plates bolted to the bed frame were not parallel and one gear plate was over 1/2 inch further forward than the other. This caused the gear drive unit to crab up the track causing the guide wheels on the gear drive to self destruct. After removing and aligning one of the gear tracks and replacing the drive wheels the unit has been working fine and is almost silent in its operation. I did attach a strap to the top of the bed frame that I pull on when placing the bed in the travel position. This keeps the mattress from binding as it clears the night stands.
The second problem is with the vacuum flush toilets. As soon as we went above 2500 feet in elevation the vacuum switch stopped working and the vacuum pump had to be controlled through the switch. Fleetwood contacted Dometic and they confirmed that the vacuum switch would not work above 5000 feet, however, ours stopped working above 2500 feet. They're using a system designed for marine applications at sea level or a few hundred feet above sea level, in the case of the great lakes. Other than running the system manually above 2500 feet, I've not found a work around for this problem. The unit goes back to the dealer in a couple of weeks to get some other minor warranty issues fixed, we'll see what they do about the vacuum switch.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #56

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We had the bed issue the day we picked up our 36u. The question in our mind is: is it fixed for good? The bulky bedspread doesn't help matters either

Dschob724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, 36u, fleetwood, pace arrow, review