Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
A switch in both baths is how it should have been built all along! Glad to hear this was fixed.

So maybe since fleetwood fixed that issue in the 2018 models, they fixed the bed issue too?

Can you tell me more specifically what the bed slider issue is/was?
repsolracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #100

You can get a 2018 36U right now for $164,999. Just talked to multiple dealers at the Tampa show
Old 01-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolracer2 View Post
So maybe since fleetwood fixed that issue in the 2018 models, they fixed the bed issue too?

Can you tell me more specifically what the bed slider issue is/was?
I have not had problems with the bed. Others have complained that the slide mechanism fails because the mattress puts to much pressure on the system.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #102

Fleetwood Owners Club
Vacu Flush Switch

I have a 2018 36U and there is only one vacuflush on/off switch and that is in the bedroom bathroom. The half-bath doesn't have a switch. I think you may be mistaking the indicator lights for a switch.
Jay Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Zero View Post
I have a 2018 36U and there is only one vacuflush on/off switch and that is in the bedroom bathroom. The half-bath doesn't have a switch. I think you may be mistaking the indicator lights for a switch.

Good point. You may be absolutely correct. I poked my head into a 2018 half bath and saw the black rectangular indicator thing on the wall and assumed that was it. But I guess I mistook that. So the 2018 version still appears to have the vacuflush switch in the back bedroom only.

On a side note ... how's your bed mechanism? And any issues with water heater or anything else at all? What were your warranty fixes? Still like the RV as much as you did when you first bought it? And did you get a deal from a dealer ?
Old 01-22-2018, 11:09 PM   #104

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bed Mechanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolracer2 View Post
Good point. You may be absolutely correct. I poked my head into a 2018 half bath and saw the black rectangular indicator thing on the wall and assumed that was it. But I guess I mistook that. So the 2018 version still appears to have the vacuflush switch in the back bedroom only.

On a side note ... how's your bed mechanism? And any issues with water heater or anything else at all? What were your warranty fixes? Still like the RV as much as you did when you first bought it? And did you get a deal from a dealer ?
I removed my king mattress cut my bed to queen size and installed a queen mattress. My wife couldn't even get her hand between the king mattress and the side along the window to make the bed up. Now, we have lots of room and the bed should not be a problem. With the king mattress, tilting the bed to operate the slide was very scary. The bed was actually easy to do and took about an hour with the help of my buddy. We removed the mattress, took out the bed platform in two pieces, measured them and cut them to size, and reinstalled. No issues with the water heater. The ice maker was a different story. Could not get water to the Whirlpool refer to make ice. Hunted for two days to find and open a valve for water to the icemaker. Two Fleetwood techies weren't much help. Finally found the valve and the water line behind the bottom bedroom drawer closest to the front of the coach. Removed the drawer, looked in, and there it was. My house battery compartment is a mess. Packed in underneath the steps making it next to impossible to check or service the batteries. I'm having to actually rebuild part of the steps because the wood in them was actually warped. I'm also adding a battery watering system so I won't even need to open the steps to top off the battery bank. Fleetwood really missed the mark on the batteries. Other than all of the above the rest of the coach is functioning. I still have not taken a trip with it yet so I'm hoping I'm not speaking too soon.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #105

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Zero View Post
I removed my king mattress cut my bed to queen size and installed a queen mattress. My wife couldn't even get her hand between the king mattress and the side along the window to make the bed up. Now, we have lots of room and the bed should not be a problem. With the king mattress, tilting the bed to operate the slide was very scary. The bed was actually easy to do and took about an hour with the help of my buddy. We removed the mattress, took out the bed platform in two pieces, measured them and cut them to size, and reinstalled. No issues with the water heater. The ice maker was a different story. Could not get water to the Whirlpool refer to make ice. Hunted for two days to find and open a valve for water to the icemaker. Two Fleetwood techies weren't much help. Finally found the valve and the water line behind the bottom bedroom drawer closest to the front of the coach. Removed the drawer, looked in, and there it was. My house battery compartment is a mess. Packed in underneath the steps making it next to impossible to check or service the batteries. I'm having to actually rebuild part of the steps because the wood in them was actually warped. I'm also adding a battery watering system so I won't even need to open the steps to top off the battery bank. Fleetwood really missed the mark on the batteries. Other than all of the above the rest of the coach is functioning. I still have not taken a trip with it yet so I'm hoping I'm not speaking too soon.
Thanks for the update Jay, lots of good information provided.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:48 AM   #106

Bed

So we all seem to have same issues with bed. When swapping mattresses can I use a normal one or something specific for the bend or fold. Also when mine broke and came off track, their is a sensor that did not line up. This made the slide stuck in the out position and would not retract! I removed it and lined them up together so that couldnt happen again. With switch in the room you can see whats happening so no worries. Ice maker line kinked and wouldnt work. Both fuel lines kinked and unable to fuel.Left and right blinker for trailer reversed, fine on coach just the 7 pin was the issue. Passenger seat quit working within 500 miles. Electrical feed was never attached correctly and was dragging on front wheel. I fixed everything myself, but really would feel bad for that retired, not so handy person, heading off to tour the country! Bought a portable 160 watt solar charger from ZAMP to keep batteries going while out in the desert riding. Wish I would have gone up to the next size though. Replaced my air filter at 6k miles due to alot of long dirt roads. It was in great shape and didnt need it, but had already purchased so put it in. Happy travels
bfiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #107

I have a 38K, my half bath toilet is a normal gravity flush located directly above the black tank...which is the one we use 90% of the time...guess the 36U is set up different.
Also the king articulating bed has a little space on each side so bed works a little easier.
Of course 185k instead of the 164k someone posted earlier!!!!
mmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mattress for 36U

The mattress I used wa a Linen Spa 8" memory foam/innerspring hybrid mattress which works well and is very comfy. Paid a whopping $170.99 including free delivery at Amazon. As far as the toilet goes I have not had any difficulties with the system yet. Works like the kind you find on commercial aircraft. Don't be sitting on it when you flush if you know what I mean.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #109

House batteries

We are still quite new owners of our 36U. One thing I have not done yet, but will need to do regularly is check and maintain my house batteries. I could not find them and so sent in a question to Fleetwood (REV) service. As usual I got a quick and thorough response including wiring schematics. They tell me the 4 batteries are under the entryway steps. I had a brief look yesterday and it looks like I will need to use a screwdriver to access the area under the step. Just looking for confirmation before I head back out with a screwdriver to check. Is this where they are? And to do regular maintenance I will need unscrew part of the steps to access the batteries?
CMichaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #110

Yes under step, not much to do other than make sure the connections are good, no corrosion and that they are full of distilled water. I have already replaced mine. Didnt seem to bee holding a charge. A great way to get rid of corrosion is very hot water over corroded post or cable. Must be very careful.
bfiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:39 AM   #111

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
Pace Arrow 36U. Looking for owners reviews, concerns, likes, dislikes, special orders and add ons for the 36U. I just ordered a 2017 36U.
Also looking at the 36U. Planning to move from a Thor gasser to a DP. The 36U floorplan is perfect for us but concerned about smallish holding tanks, the vac toilet, and the bed/slide issues. Also would only gain 20 HP. Is 340 HP enough for this coach? Can the vac toilet be changed to a standard toilet? Would any 36U owners buy it or a Fleetwood product again?
Old 05-02-2018, 05:30 AM   #112

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've had our 2017 36U for almost 2 years now and no major issues. Yes the gray water tank is small, about 2 1/2 days is the limit if you're careful. Black water about 4 days. Vacuum flush only an issue above 5000 feet. The vacuum switch is effected by altitude and may have to be turned on and off manually if this happens. This is confirmed by manufacture. I had to rebuild the bed tilt assembly just after we got the bus due to mis-alligned installation and quality control. I put a strap at the head of the bed that we keep tension on when closing to prevent the mattress from catching on the sides no problems since. Bus has plenty of power. Spent last summer in the SouthWest with passes at 11,000 feet, no problems going up or down. The only item repaired has been the Energy Management System control module in the A/C breaker panel. This failed after a year and a half. So far both my wife and I have enjoyed our unit with total mileage now over 12000 in the first 1 and a half years. We would purchase another unit of the same design and manufacture with the only exception being the theater seats - very unconfortable.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace