Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #85

New owner

We are first time RV owners and recently (October 2017) purchased our 36U. We are very pleased already, even though we have winterized and parked it until spring comes our way. This thread has been very helpful to read already - it's great to join in.

We have some (by some I mean many, many) questions and will also be getting a few things fixed by the dealer (General RV) weather permitting.

Questions:
1) When the step button has a red light on, the step does not operate. When light is not on, step works. That seems backwards or is that normal?
2) Nothing much works without shore power or generator running. E.g. no microwave or step operation. Have I set something wrong? Are my deep cycle batteries defective (they are showing as >12V).
3) We have a key fob. It operates the awning but not the door. Is it supposed to work the deadbolt or the other door lock.
4) Electric heat. Other than the fireplace, I did not see an option on the thermostat controls for electric heat, only LPG. Am I missing something?

I have many more things to learn and ask, but let me start with those and add more to this thread later.
CMichaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #86

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bed Issues

We are new owners of a 36U having traded in our 2008 42ft. Allegro Bus in our attempt to down size. With regard to the bed issues, we could see right away that the king mattress would be trouble after tilting it and bringing the slide in and out a couple of times. My wife could not even slide her hand between the mattress and the side of the night stands. So, with no further ado, we ordered a new queen mattress and gave our never-used king to one of our friends. We bought the queen mattress from Amazon and it is a foam/innerspring hybrid which is supposed to work well on articulating beds. We now will have a little excess room on the bed platform but that doesn't concern us as much as being out and about and having our slide stuck in or out. Hopefully this will nip any potential problem in the bud. As an afterthought, I can't believe Fleetwood didn't see this as a serious issue before installing these beds. It's been my feeling for a long time that the folks that design motorhomes have never lived in one.
Jay Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:42 AM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
1. If you want the step to stay out when the door is closed the light needs to be on. If the light is off, the steps will go in and out with the door. Even with the light on, if you start the engine, the steps will retract.

2. Make sure both battery disconnects are closed, they control just about all 12 volt operation. Even with the coach disconnect open, you still have a large drain on the house batteries, almost 1 amp. This will completely drain the house batteries in about two weeks if you're not on shore power. If storing the unit, open the inverter disconnect and remove the negative battery terminal from the house batteries. Unless you have an electronic lock on your door, the awning remote control only works the awning.
3. Go online and download the user manual for the air/furnace controls. The aft AC unit has a heat option that is controlled through the control module. It also controls both gas furnaces and both AC units.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser-2011-del View Post
1. If you want the step to stay out when the door is closed the light needs to be on. If the light is off, the steps will go in and out with the door. Even with the light on, if you start the engine, the steps will retract.

2. Make sure both battery disconnects are closed, they control just about all 12 volt operation. Even with the coach disconnect open, you still have a large drain on the house batteries, almost 1 amp. This will completely drain the house batteries in about two weeks if you're not on shore power. If storing the unit, open the inverter disconnect and remove the negative battery terminal from the house batteries. Unless you have an electronic lock on your door, the awning remote control only works the awning.
3. Go online and download the user manual for the air/furnace controls. The aft AC unit has a heat option that is controlled through the control module. It also controls both gas furnaces and both AC units.
Thanks for all the answers. That is really helpful.

1. The step switch is working as you describe. It seemed backwards so thanks for confirming.
2. I already had the batteries discharge quickly as you described - there is clearly more vampire drain than I was expecting. I am now keeping it plugged into shore power while stored. FOLLOW UP QUESTION. With it plugged into shore power for the next 3 months, should I leave the battery disconnect switches (Main and Aux) disconnected or connected? The same with the inverter - turn it off or leave it on?
3. I had not thought to check the rear AC control. The front one didn't give me a heat option except for Gas. I will check that out soon.

Thanks again.
CMichaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #89

seems like most people like the 36U except for the vacu-flush system and the bed.

id like to upgrade to a 36U. just wondering if its worth it or too many issues?
repsolracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:21 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
The vacuflush is annoying but minor in the big picture. We still have a few small bugs to work thru but over all we are very happy with the 36u. Traveling around AZ right now. Towing a 22 ft trailer, travels great, smooth ride, plenty of power up hills.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
The vacuflush is annoying but minor in the big picture. We still have a few small bugs to work thru but over all we are very happy with the 36u. Traveling around AZ right now. Towing a 22 ft trailer, travels great, smooth ride, plenty of power up hills.

So I've had an excursion 2013 model so I've used the vacuflush system. From what I'm reading, it sounds like the master switch is in the back bedroom and there isn't one in the half bath at all? And no fix for that? People are just dealing w it?

And the bed is an issue? Has fleetwood issued a recall on the system or what? Some people replaced the king bed with a queen?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
Correct. We spoke with the vacuflush rep who advised adding a switch in the 1/2 bath after the rv is built would be very difficult. The dealer dis find a leak in our system so it does not "run" as frequently.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
And we have not had an issue with the bed, yet
Old 12-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #94

Pace Arrow 36U owners

Any videos that show a walk through the inside of the 36U but with the slides closed ? Wondering how spacious it is with everything closed up. Like the walk through the bedroom to the bathroom etc
Old 12-28-2017, 07:53 PM   #95

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha! No walk thru room in the bedroom at all, zero.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #96

Pace Arrow 36U owners

Any changes made to the 36U in 2018 from 2017?
Old 01-15-2018, 08:20 PM   #97

I looked at a 2018 36U today and it DOES have the vacuFlush switches in BOTH of the bathrooms now. Just letting you know.

But I also noticed the microwave is "high pointe" brand now. Which is complete bottom of the barrel Chinese junk crap. TVs went from sony to LG which is fine. Fridge is still whirlpool. But high points? Come on.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #98

Fleetwood Owners Club
A switch in both baths is how it should have been built all along! Glad to hear this was fixed.

Tags
pace arrow, ace