Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #239

I’m a bit technically challenged, so I was unable to copy and paste the link to this other thread so I took a screenshot of the links. Both seem to have pretty good info on the vacuflush system Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1151.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	258866. Hope something in here helps.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2019, 03:24 PM   #240

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm a bit late to this thread but I am considering this coach and I have a couple of questions in addition to the many good topics covered.
How would current owners rate the overall quality, the ride comfort, noise (other than engine) and the drivability ( stability ) of this unit as compared to the Ford F-53 chassis ?

Thanks
Tom & Kay +KAISER--Miniature Schnauzer// TIFFIN 2021 OPEN ROAD 34 PA LIQUID SPRINGS Ft & Rear Tireminder A1A / SAFE T PLUS, 2002 Jeep Wrangler/-2013 Bounder Classic 34M SOLD, 1985 Mobile Traveler M-260RDB/ 1993 SOUTHWIND 30E/ 2009 COUGAR 29RKS 5ver
SimRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:08 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimRacer View Post
I'm a bit late to this thread but I am considering this coach and I have a couple of questions in addition to the many good topics covered.
How would current owners rate the overall quality, the ride comfort, noise (other than engine) and the drivability ( stability ) of this unit as compared to the Ford F-53 chassis ?

Thanks

We’ve owned ours for about 10 months, stayed in it for approximately 120 nights and have put about 8000 miles on it.

There is no comparison to the Winnebago gasser on the F-53 for ride comfort, stability and drivability that we had before. We moved to this coach because I got tired of being blown across the road in the wind and also tired of fighting the steering in the Winnebago. This coach is way easier to drive and because of less driver fatigue we tend to drive longer before breaks and can make longer distances and while we certainly still feel it when it’s windy, it hugs the road well in those conditions. It seems to us that it rides really low and having the standard chassis beam rather that the raised beam lowers the center of gravity. The 340HP engine is enough to tow our Jeep JKU, but it would be better to have a 360, in my opinion.

Wind noise in the cab while driving is more than we expected.

Overall, we really like the coach. It’s comfortable and easy to live in on the road. We use the little table in the front a lot and I use that area as my office. The mid entry allows for some separation from the rest of the living area when I need it. With the queen bunk we were able to sleep 8 of us one cold night in Fort Bragg last spring and we have the theatre seats in the main area. So that was nice.

I think the kitchen is too small and with the exception of the fridge, kitchen storage is insufficient. But, as a trade off for 2 bathrooms, it’s worth the trade. Bathroom storage is awesome. We have had new coach issues and it’s at the dealership now for a list of warranty repairs. Our biggest issues have been caused by insufficient fasteners. Not enough or improperly installed screws etc. We spent a lot of time re-tightening, or replacing fasteners. The worst is the dash. It’s 2 pieces held together by screws. Ours was missing half of them. Our other big issue is the wall board. The interior walls warped and the walls adjacent to the exterior of the coach had wallpaper bubbling. Theses things are all being repaired under warranty.

Our Winnebago had issues too, same type of thing.

Hope this helps
Old 10-30-2019, 07:18 PM   #242

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
MrsChilerick, Thank you for your thoughts and insightful evaluation of your coach. The DW will have the final say about the kitchen but we probably carry more "stuff" than we really need. The ride difference is what I had hoped to hear.
Thanks and best of luck.
Tom & Kay +KAISER--Miniature Schnauzer// TIFFIN 2021 OPEN ROAD 34 PA LIQUID SPRINGS Ft & Rear Tireminder A1A / SAFE T PLUS, 2002 Jeep Wrangler/-2013 Bounder Classic 34M SOLD, 1985 Mobile Traveler M-260RDB/ 1993 SOUTHWIND 30E/ 2009 COUGAR 29RKS 5ver
SimRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:44 AM   #243

Happy and safe travels to you as well. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #244

Slide Out Retracting

Is it possible to manually retract the rear slide in our 2019 PA 36U??
Cmn3g1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #245

I’m not sure about the slide. I would email Fleetwood or check the Fleetwood Facebook page since you haven’t gotten a response here. I’ve had good luck getting answers in both of those places.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #246

If your question is on the bedroom slide located on the passenger side of the coach the answer is yes, you can manually move the slide back into the coach. The motor and gear is under the bed and can be accessed by raising the bed and removing the floor panels under the bed. There should be an access point once you have removed the panels. The motor should be accessible at that point. I'm not sure if there is an easy way since I have not tried it myself. I have heard that just unlocking the gear from the motor will allow you to then move the slide by manually turning the rod running from the motor to the gears on the track. But, you must unlock the motor or remove it first. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #247

Re: to rolling rear slide in manually.

Cmn3g1st, it is my understanding it is possible. I would take the Mrs. advice and call fleetwood cust serv technical department to find out exactly how. i do not use, or have, a fb acct, so not sure what you will find there.
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #248

Different topic. Has anyone found a way to keep the washer from getting “stinky”? Because of the location, it’s been difficult to impossible to let it stay open and air out for any amount of time and certainly no way to do that while in storage. I have placed a box of baking soda in there for now, but I’m not confident it’s going to work
Old 11-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #249

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Low Water Flow and Pressure

I currently have a 2017 Pace Arrow 36U and over the last six months or so I've noticed a drop in water flow and pressure to all faucets inside the motorhome, both hot and cold. I've gone as far as removing the water filter from inside the canister and removing the water pressure regulator at the water inlet from shore services. This has had little or no affect on the water flow or pressure. I've checked the particulate filters located in each faucet and found no obstructions. I've added water to the water tank and used the onboard water pump to supply water, no change. I've had a problem in the past with the mixing valve on the back of the hot water tank causing a reduction in flow or pressure or loss of hot water, but this should not affect the cold water side of the faucets.
Any body have any suggestions on where to look next?
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #250

Re: Low Water Flow and Pressure

ser-2011-del...with both hot and cold equally dropping in pressure it sounds like it must be a common source to affect both. i know it is something you have probably looked at, but have you checked your water hose for anything inside it possibly restricting flow? down here in houston we have had stuff grow in our water hose before, and that is using city water with chlorine in it! wondering if it would be possible to connect water to cold water line inside the rv and go the other way to see if water flow comes out at the inlet filter without issue, or acts as if an obstruction may be in the line. not sure if this is possible, or if it may cause problems, just throwing it out for consideration.
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschob724 View Post
Hey Xman 11. Our shower door leaks as well. We've tried everything we can think of. Next we're removing all the silicon caulking and reapplying. We've slowed it to a trickle but water in a coach is scary. Glad your shortlist is not a bad one. After our ordeal with bed mechanism, a shower door leak is minor!!

We has the same shower leak. Took it in 3 times to have fixed, all they did was add more and more caulk. I took door off and discovered the bottom molding piece was installed backwards. Lip to force water into shower was forcing water out on to the floor. Stellar workmanship!
awbaja25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbaja25 View Post
We has the same shower leak. Took it in 3 times to have fixed, all they did was add more and more caulk. I took door off and discovered the bottom molding piece was installed backwards. Lip to force water into shower was forcing water out on to the floor. Stellar workmanship!

I just had them fix the water diverted as well. They even argued with me about which direction it should be installed. Much better now

Tags
pace arrow, ace