Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #15

Living 8 years full time in our Pace Arrow Vision. She was a mess bringing her up to snuff for the first two years but we love her and she gets from point a to point b beautifully.
homerbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2018, 06:31 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
perfect, going to use it on a dp that I have too...
Old 06-21-2018, 06:38 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Having the same problem, any pix of the wood size? having a problem seeing it in my mind. did you glue it to the original paneling? I get the 3/4 x1 1/2" but the 2"????? you made a bunch of little pieces or one long piece for each side? did you insert the blocks into the foam?? behind the ceiling panel?

thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artaslesen View Post
2001 35R with a nice skylight in the shower. the screws kept falling out on the inside so here is my fix. remove all screws and the inside plastic. Good time to clean exposed plastic. where the screw holes are I scraped any foam off the 1/4" plywood foam pannel. I cut several pieces of 3/4 x 1 1/2 x 2" wood which I predrilled screw holes thru the 3/4" thickness and started a screw in and out. I put wood glue on the bottom of the insert wood and screwed in down to press the pieces together. after all holes had been reinforced with new wood and glue dried,I removed the screws and reinstalled the inside skylight. No more loose screws. .
Old 06-23-2018, 06:27 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonfu View Post
Having the same problem, any pix of the wood size? having a problem seeing it in my mind. did you glue it to the original paneling? I get the 3/4 x1 1/2" but the 2"????? you made a bunch of little pieces or one long piece for each side? did you insert the blocks into the foam?? behind the ceiling panel?

thanks...
On my previous unit I redid the skylight in the shower as well and inserted a LED strip all around the frame on the inside and conected to regular lights and it looked very nice. Wish I had some pictures to show. But planning on doing same on the Pace Arrow soon
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Finaly chose the new floor for the unit we will use the new Lifeproof vinyl board with padding totaly waterproof and also scratchproof. Maybe this will reduce scratching from slides, just maybe.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #20

Thinking we have bought a money pit 1999 Ford model

have had one disaster after another- not even on the road yet... bought this used from an estate with No knowledge of it's condition... 2 mos in, checking the water and the pump had to be replaced. both A/C s had to be replaced, ALL the cpvc was rotten and replaced with braided hose now, fixin to hit the road for 4500 miles and - poof- a whiff of smoke and spent 3 days looking for the transfer relay box.. not sure if we can ever get all the stuff fixed.. the RV is packed and ready to leave with 2 teens. I am an Electrician (on a Ferry from Alaska) and can do a multitude of things, but knowing nothing about this RV and finding the location of switch boxes etc. has been harrowing to say the least... at 70 yrs old I am thinking I should have bought something different.. and hindsight is always 2020- today (2 months later) I am tracing the burnt wires and trying to fix the NO Neutral on the whole motorhome... did get a manual from Intellitec and this awesome link from here ... so , onward,, really wanted to take this trip before Schools starts again.. ekkk http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/tran...nt-118232.html
c21cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21cg View Post

have had one disaster after another- not even on the road yet... bought this used from an estate with No knowledge of it's condition... 2 mos in, checking the water and the pump had to be replaced. both A/C s had to be replaced, ALL the cpvc was rotten and replaced with braided hose now, fixin to hit the road for 4500 miles and - poof- a whiff of smoke and spent 3 days looking for the transfer relay box.. not sure if we can ever get all the stuff fixed.. the RV is packed and ready to leave with 2 teens. I am an Electrician (on a Ferry from Alaska) and can do a multitude of things, but knowing nothing about this RV and finding the location of switch boxes etc. has been harrowing to say the least... at 70 yrs old I am thinking I should have bought something different.. and hindsight is always 2020- today (2 months later) I am tracing the burnt wires and trying to fix the NO Neutral on the whole motorhome... did get a manual from Intellitec and this awesome link from here ... so , onward,, really wanted to take this trip before Schools starts again.. ekkk http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/tran...nt-118232.html
Motorhomes that sit for very long time develop more problems then those that a used. When you buy a motorhome you need to have a full inspection done of the entire unit before taking it out on a trip and then that first trip shoul be a short one and all systems shoulb be checked and rechecked before a 4500 mile road trip.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Dear Pace Arrow friends with a U shaped dinnet. Do you use the dinnet as a sleeping place and what does the cushion look like. Because my unit came without a cushion and I have never seen one set as a bed.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
This is the ushaped dinnetClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20160514-WA0033.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	210900
Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Can anyone send a picture of the cushion and the dinnet set up as a bed
Old 07-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #25

we have a 1999 MONEY PIT ourselves.. right now we are struggling thru 4500 miles from Houston to carlsbad, to grand canyon, bryce canyon, yellowstone, mt rushmore, denver and home... https://www.facebook.com/graduationv...dmin_todo_tour 7-2018
Old 07-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #26

lol tell that to MY HUSBAND - I am just a passenger or innocent bystander, you choose
Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #27

Old 07-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #28

looks like you removed the recliner just inside the door/// can you tell me how you installed your TV ? thx

Tags
pace arrow, ace