Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #1

Planning on buying 2014 33C

We are thinking of buying a 2014 Bounder 33C, trading in our 2015 Itasca Sunstar, 25 foot. We had wanted a short class A, but the ride is terrible and jack panel just went out plus a few other problems. Our brother-in-law, who is a mechanic (works on big trucks) says it is not worth fixing everything that is wrong, we might've got a lemon. We heard that the shorter motorhomes do not ride very well. Does anyone have any NEGATIVES with the 33C? We really like the one we just saw and plan on test driving it tomorrow.
jeanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great floorplan! Same as the 35k but without the rear bath. Full bath is midship. Our Bounder has held up well.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #3

2016 33c

Hi, I'm jeanj's worse half. We have a chance at a 2016 33c leftover. Are there any significant differences between 2014 and 2016.

Dan
dataguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

"any NEGATIVES" is a pretty broad question. I am thinking you will get a better response to more specific questions. Like "have you had any issues with the vacuflush system, are the holding tanks large enough, etc.
Most problems have been discussed in one way or another. Bounder is pretty popular and all the models have similar systems.
If you are talking about ride you can also visit the Ford Chassis forum and look up the V-10 F-53 unit.
I have the 35K (bath and a half) which is the big brother to a 33C.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataguru View Post
Hi, I'm jeanj's worse half. We have a chance at a 2016 33c leftover. Are there any significant differences between 2014 and 2016.

Dan
Yes there are. To name a few, redesigned front/rear cap, new dash, '16 has illumaplex system, 16 has pass thru storage and I think the '14 still had the storage slide out with the slide (not pass thru), larger water and holding tanks, led interior lighting and exterior clearance and appearance lights, legless awning with LED lights, option for drop down bed over dash, new less swirly exterior paint, less frilly interior colors...
Old 07-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #6

Thumbs up thanks computerguy

thank you,
As for specific questions, talk to me more about Vacuflush. I have never heard of it before in 10 yrs as an adult and all of my childhood RVing.

Also the fresh tank seems to be a lot on the driverside. Is there an issue with weight distribution when you fill it all the way?

thanks,
Dan
Old 07-07-2016, 05:50 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
14 and 16 both had led lighting. The compartments coming out with the slide is a benefit to some. Wish they went back to it, you had at least two full pass throughs on the 14, it was nice not to have to bend down under the slide out.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #8

Thumbs up thanks

Thanks for the information guys. I test drove it last night and it handles better than the sunstar 27N. We love the lx package.

Does anyone know if the inverter for the residential fridge is a pure signwave inverter? Can I run a cpap off of it?

thanks,
Dan
Old 07-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataguru View Post
Thanks for the information guys. I test drove it last night and it handles better than the sunstar 27N. We love the lx package.

Does anyone know if the inverter for the residential fridge is a pure signwave inverter? Can I run a cpap off of it?

thanks,
Dan
I know the '16 is PSW. It is a Magnum Energy ME2012. I am pretty sure it wasn't changed from the '14
Back in '14 the residential fridge was an option so not sure if that is in the one you are looking at and if it has 4 6v batteries or not and the same size inverter.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Back in '14 the residential fridge was an option so not sure if that is in the one you are looking at and if it has 4 6v batteries or not and the same size inverter.
We are looking at a 2016 left over. We are getting a really good deal.

The fridge is an option including the inverter and 2 more batteries.

thanks,
Dan
Old 07-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #11

thank you all

I want to thank you all for your information. We decided that the Bounder 33C is to big. We wanted a sprinter chassis, so we are moving forward with a Itasca Navion 24V. Quite a difference but the ride is extremely important to us and Jean likes the twin bed idea (I guess she wants more space between us ).

Thanks again,
Dan
Old 07-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #12

Wow
Big difference. Apples and oranges.
Best of luck to you both. Enjoy it