RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #1

Please Help! Pace Arrow Question

Hi, I just picked up a 1983 Pace Arrow, I need to know where the gas goes for the Generator!? Cant find it ... ?? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Elevate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #2

Oh, have you got a lot to learn. Been there, done that! The gas for the generator uses the same fuel tank as the motor. Just be sure you have more than a fourth of a tank of gas. The generator won't run with anything less so you won't deplete your gasoline supply while camping.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #3

Oh you are a life saver lol ... yes i do have tons to learn ... this is my first motorhome we are a touring group ... so im trying to figure all this out before we hit the road lol .... thanks so much tho!! if i run across anything else ill post!! Thanks Again!!
Elevate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevate View Post
Hi, I just picked up a 1983 Pace Arrow, I need to know where the gas goes for the Generator!? Cant find it ... ?? Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Your generator fuel line should be tied into the main fuel tank at the top of the tank. If your main fuel tank gets below 1/4 tank of fuel, the generator will stop running. This is so you don't run the generator to long and end up not having enough gas to drive the motorhome to your next stop. If for some reason your not getting fuel to your generator, it could be that the connection at the top of the tank which is usually made with rubber fuel hose could be getting bad and cracking. This will cause the generator to suck air instead of fuel.

Good Luck,
Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #5

Are you having any trouble with the generator or just wondering where to gas it up? I have a 1984 Holiday Rambler that hadn't been run for several years when I bought it. It only had 26K on it. The generator would not run. All the hoses were good but it wasn't pumping gas out of the fuel pump. A mechanic friend of mine suggested I tap the fuel pump with a hammer in several places. I did and it started running just fine. Just needed to be loosened up. Just a tip I'm passing on.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
You may find my owner manual site helpful. I developed and host it to provide as much information as I am able to obtain about the 83 Pace arrow, that link is:

1983 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Owners Manuals: 1983 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Owners Manual

I host it because I had none when I bought mine, and I wanted to make it easier for all how had the same problem.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #7

I have an 83 Pace Arrow ...aka.."pass-air-ow...Pacero. I have all the broshures and owners manusl etc. If anyone needs to know anything send me a message i'd be glad to help.
ROLLNSMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Rollnsmoke

ROLLNSMOKE

Review my website listed in the post above your and if you have anything I have not yet posted, I would be happy to add you information to the website.