Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #1

PLEASE.. Pace Arrow with Kitchen in slide and TV on floor while traveling

Hi again..
Any one of you having a 1999 peace arrow with the kitchen and sofa in the extension..? Tomorrow we are doing a viewing of this type, my worry is how do you get to the water and gaz line for inspection and repair.
Also this one has the TV on the floor between the driver and the passenger during driving and somehow it is raise to the ceiling when park.. Is it through cables? Can we drive with the TV in the up position..?
Anything you could tell me before I get there would be much appreciated
Thanks…
nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
The TV should be down for driving. It would be in your line of sight while driving.You can still see it when down if it has the factory pull up TV stand. Usually you can see the gas and water and sewer lines by removing the drawers on some floor plans. Make sure you take a strong flashlight. Fleetwood Pace Arrow kitchen slides were not very trouble prone.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 AM   #3

GA TRAVELER:
Have you ever seen or replace one of those line, I figured that they are made of plastic with a mesh jacket around them.
now that I think of it a little water detector like the one we use for sump pump would be a good think to throw on the floor around the sink area..
thanks again
Old 08-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
We were a Fleetwood dealer. The Pace Arrows were not trouble prone. Of course we had our share of problems with them. The slideout kitchen was pretty good. We had about two failures with coaches in this time frame. {drain and supply lines failures) They used a swivel joint on the sink drain. We had two failures of this plastic swivel. If you inspect the wires and hoses yearly or semi annually. I don't think you would have to worry about this system. I would not worry about an alarm. Water will flow out of the slideout onto the kitchen floor quickly enough to warn you of a problem. This is such a low probably of a problem that I would not loose sleep over it.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:34 AM   #5

I really appreciate the info.
Besides removing some drawers is there a better way to take a look at those lines and swivel joint. We are pretty close in completing the buy of a 2003 Peace Arrow 6b the one with two extensions in the front, and I would appreciate knowing how to get in there also for the range gas line , is this one on swivel joint too ?
Having been in a rep for P.A. maybe you will have some advice for this one that I知 planning to buy, because the rv has been sitting in a camping park for a while 2 years during which they did a long trip of 2000 k. so far all check good, my only weary is the front wind shield seal that seem to have been address with silicone on the driver side. Was that a recurring problem with this RV? And if I remove the outer black rubber seal to inspect and re-seal will I be able to re-install it, and what do I use for sealer..
We are both in our mid 60痴 and looking forward to a few good years with this rig. I知 finishing a complete sanding and painting on a dolly I have a motor cycle rack line up to be install for the Gold Wing and here we go, I guess a few of the rrsp will be transform in gas money..
Again, thanks for your help
Old 08-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't believe they ever used a swivel on the gas line. It would be too risky. Every slide out with a gas line I ever worked on, had a long hose that simply made a long curve and gave enough slack to go in and out.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:17 AM   #7

Thanks again, I appreciate the time you took to answer me.
I値l surely be needing your advice in the future.
Puzzegb

Tags
travel