Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #15

lp5151,
Have you considered looking at other coaches out there that are still in business and don't have any financial problems? Outfits such as Tiffin, Newmar, Winnebago and Itasca?
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #16

we did, but did not find what we wanted....so decided to go with a Southwind...
Old 03-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I am just glad I got all the parts I needed from fleetwood last month
It might have taken a lot longer this month I hope they survive
Bob
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N Deb View Post
I am just glad I got all the parts I needed from fleetwood last month
It might have taken a lot longer this month I hope they survive
Bob
we are still waiting for warranty and non-warranty parts that were ordered the 1st of February, almost 2 months so far.....our local dealer says Fleetwood is still working on getting us the parts.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I called FW parts group to check on some chrome trim last week. The lady said all the lines were busy and someone should call me back in a few hours. They finally called me back in two days. I explained what the part was I needed, and he said he thought he knew what I was looking for but he'd have to get back to me. I haven't heard back since.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat69 View Post
We are about to purchase a new Bounder. Does anyone else have trouble with warrantees being honored? Should we reconsider our purchase?
Pat
It is a matter of record that since 1980 no Class A RV manufacturer who has taken bankruptcy has worked their way through it and returned to business. Buy from a company that is well financed, has no debt, and will be there to service your RV when this "recession" is over. Seven Class A manufacturers have gone under including Fleetwood, Monaco, Western RV, National RV, Alfa, and Country Coach.
Tiffin Motorhomes has had the iconic reputation for over 20 years for providing the best service in the Class A industry. If you are getting ready to buy, you should first visit the Tiffin plant and service center in Red Bay, Alabama. Visit during the first half of the week and you can put your questions directly to Bob Tiffin (he's usually gone to work with dealers' shows Thurs-Sat).

All the best,
Fred1941
Fred1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

The American Coach part of Fleetwood is handling warranty & parts requests every day and they are also doing factory service in Decatur. However, American Coach operates independent of the other Fleetwood parts & service operations and may well be doingthings differently.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thumbs up Fleetwood Parts

Just general information.
Talk to parts at Fleetwood in Decatur day before yesterday to order items for our 96 Pace. Very helpful took his time not in any hurry and found exactly what I needed. Should receive them today. And yes I had to leave a message. It was late in the day but received a call back first thing next morning.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yup, still getting warranty work on mine in Clearwater, FL. Had it in again last week and no issues at all from the Dealer. Fleetwood Rocks! Be nice, we're only here for a little while.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a lengthy discussion with my dealership about the current Fleetwood situation a couple of weeks ago and he firmly told me they have had no issues collecting on warranty work and would continue to back and service our unit for the entire warranty term.

I have only had minor issues but so far, so good. My only complaint was when I needed a new front cabinet frame for my washer dryer cabinet it took about 4 weeks. They said it had to built by their custom shop and it was little behind. I received it two weeks ago and it fits perfectly. A bit of long wait but it was worth it. Hopefully this will continue.

'08 Bounder 35 H
Monty W S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just talked to Fleetwood customer service yesterday. Had an appointment to take our Providence to the factory the 18th of May. They had to reschedule to mid July as they are eliminating the "motorhome" service area and merging all warranty/service work into the American Coach service area. As a result this will take some time to accomplish, hence the reschedule. He also stated that there should not be any problems with getting warranty work done at the dealer level, although some dealers may be bulking at doing warranty work as a result of not getting paid for work done prior to the ch. 11 filing date. Any warranty work being done now is being paid per the legal agreements.
I also asked him if any MH were being built and he stated that the parking lot had a number of (worker) cars which indicated to him that coaches were being built.

Ron K

-----------------
2009 Providence 40X
Old 05-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Work still being done....

I just recently needed some warranty work done on my 2008 Fiesta LX...and had no problem, the dealer didn't even blink...now, it was small work, the door piece that connects to the screen and a forward bay strut. But no comments about problems with parts or payment. Parts came in about 2 weeks. When I asked about it, they said they had been having no problems with Fleetwood paying. I am hopeful FW will reorganize and come out of this...it's a good product, been around for a while...I think they just got too off track. But love my Fiesta LX! Wouldn't give it up yet. Happy camping!!
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #27

as of today,our local Portland, Oregon Fleetwood dealer is still not doing Fleetwood warranty work, they will do the work, but we have to pay for it and bill back Fleetwood ourself. (if you bought the unit from them, then they will do the work and bill fleetwood) but for those of us who purchased elsewhere out of necessity, we are on our own. Oh, well....
Old 05-22-2009, 07:13 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just had some Warranty work done on my 08 Providence by Imperial Campers in the St Paul area. No questions, no problem! Good Service.