Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #1

Power awning no go, sometimes!

My 10 year old A&E power awning works great one day, then can't get it to roll all the way up on another given day. Right now its about 16 inches from going all the way up. I can move it back and forth about 10 inches.
Any ideas?

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may need to re-tension the spring in the non-powered end.

If you have done it before, easy to do
If you have not. I'd get a technician to do it.

Lubrication of the motor may help too but I can not tell you how to do that (And the idler (Spring) end as well).
Old 01-03-2014, 06:12 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Check the voltage at the power connection. Mine was corroded from moisture. Measured voltage was less than 10 volts. Cleaned the connection and resealed it. Lubed the arms. Now it works like a champ.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #4

Awning

Hello....where exactly is the power connection?
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmbrown View Post
Hello....where exactly is the power connection?
One end of the awning should contain the driver motor, follow the cord from that end to the connection on the side of the coach.

On my coach the connection is a threaded connection. The wire from the drive motor is a female connection and the penetration through the coach skin is the male connection. Mine is located near the upper left hand corner of the entry door.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Check the voltage at the power connection. Mine was corroded from moisture. Measured voltage was less than 10 volts. Cleaned the connection and resealed it. Lubed the arms. Now it works like a champ.
Thanks for the info! No connection on mine, wire just goes thru the outside wall into the coach some where. Maybe a bad motor connection? I'll check.
I did give the cord/wire a hard tug and the awning went all the way up when I pressed the retract button.
The wind is blowing real hard here now so I'll wait for a better day to play with it now that I have it all the way up.

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #7

Check the motor connection inside the black housing. Should be about 6 phillip head screws , there are pos, neg connections here. They can get corroded from rain. I used Dielectric grease and have no probs.
PS, the motor is on Ebay for $47 if needed, just search the part number on your motor.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #8

mine does something similar when the house bats are low..
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, power