Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Boots have been siliconed. Hoping that this solves any future problems. I've already priced replacement jacks from Quadra Manufracturing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #100

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just got the second replacement for the Right Rear unit. Took it in early May but parts did not come in before our summer trip. Decided to silicone seal it. When I went to the Left Rear unit I found the protrusion on the boot for the brake was ripped. Looks like the cable dangling nearby caused it. I cleaned it and repaired with gorilla tape and silicone sealed all over. Interesting as it must have been wet at one time as it had dirt inside the ripped area. Seems retained water is the problem. I got two brake repair kits to use WHEN the fail next.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
Help! I got up the ambition to silicone seal the front jacks. Each one of them had a hole in the corner of the boot. Looked like it was sliced with a knife. Do you suppose that was a proposed fix? They haven't failed YET. I did cover the hole with silicone. That makes me wonder as the rear that was ripped also had the corner missing. Has anyone else seen this. Interestingly, the hole was towards the front that would have made it more susceptible to water.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #102
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
Help! I got up the ambition to silicone seal the front jacks. Each one of them had a hole in the corner of the boot. Looked like it was sliced with a knife. Do you suppose that was a proposed fix? They haven't failed YET. I did cover the hole with silicone. That makes me wonder as the rear that was ripped also had the corner missing. Has anyone else seen this. Interestingly, the hole was towards the front that would have made it more susceptible to water.
I've heard of this method to drain the water out. I prefer to try and keep it out with the silicone.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got my jack problem fixed at the Fleetwood Rally by PowerJacks themselves. Replaced 3 out of 4 jacks and are sending me a few freebies in case I have some problems in the future. They are easy to replace. Also had several other problems that I couldn't get fixed at a dealership taken care of all with free labor! It was worthwhile going to the rally. If anyone lives in the St Louis area avoid Apache Village RV. Told me everything would be covered on my warranty and then carried me along so far past the warranty period even Fleetwood refused to help me. Again thanks to the wonderful service people at the recent Fleetwood Rally for taking care of all of my issues in just 3 days!

This was posted in another thread. It makes me appreciate PG even less. They come to a FW rally knowing that FW is no longer going to use their electric levelers and replace jacks at no charge for out of warranty units while the rest of us can't get a phone answered or product shipped. Boy, I feel better.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #104
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Got my jack problem fixed at the Fleetwood Rally by PowerJacks themselves. Replaced 3 out of 4 jacks and are sending me a few freebies in case I have some problems in the future. They are easy to replace. Also had several other problems that I couldn't get fixed at a dealership taken care of all with free labor! It was worthwhile going to the rally. If anyone lives in the St Louis area avoid Apache Village RV. Told me everything would be covered on my warranty and then carried me along so far past the warranty period even Fleetwood refused to help me. Again thanks to the wonderful service people at the recent Fleetwood Rally for taking care of all of my issues in just 3 days!

This was posted in another thread. It makes me appreciate PG even less. They come to a FW rally knowing that FW is no longer going to use their electric levelers and replace jacks at no charge for out of warranty units while the rest of us can't get a phone answered or product shipped. Boy, I feel better.
Jim. You seem soooooo Why can't you be No need to reply. I already know the answer

Old 07-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #105

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm glad at this point my jacks are working but would truly look into replacing the jacks if it was a viable option. Would hope that someone takes control of PG and sets them straight. May or may not happen. I can only hope.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #106

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Jim. You seem soooooo Why can't you be No need to reply. I already know the answer

: angry:

Nuff said?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #107

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korryp View Post
I'm glad at this point my jacks are working but would truly look into replacing the jacks if it was a viable option. Would hope that someone takes control of PG and sets them straight. May or may not happen. I can only hope.
Fleetwood took control of PG and said we ain't using your electric junk anymore.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #108

I believe I was told by the FW tech svc people that they switched to....now get this...Powergear hydraulic jacks. Let me say it one more time. I will never again buy a coach with Powergear levelers. Spent quality time again last weekend crawling under that sucker to hot wire RR leveler. That is real fun for a 70 year old man that had a triple by-pass last October.
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #109

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well I'll be dang slammer! You're a little older than I and I haven't had by-pass surgery period and its still no fun crawling under the mh to do the "hot wire job" on the PG jacks.

You heard the same thing as I did from FW technical phone support and parts sales.

This is a question I'm asking myself and maybe Cliff can jump on to help out. On the street side bay where the Dirt Devil unit is is the PG brain. There are four sets of wires with wire connectors that should go to each jack. My question, couldn't we perform the"hot wire job" at this connection?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #110
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Well I'll be dang slammer! You're a little older than I and I haven't had by-pass surgery period and its still no fun crawling under the mh to do the "hot wire job" on the PG jacks.

You heard the same thing as I did from FW technical phone support and parts sales.

This is a question I'm asking myself and maybe Cliff can jump on to help out. On the street side bay where the Dirt Devil unit is is the PG brain. There are four sets of wires with wire connectors that should go to each jack. My question, couldn't we perform the"hot wire job" at this connection?
Cliff is always ready, willing and sometimes able to jump in ( I've had bi-lateral knee replacement ).

Yes Jim , you can " hot wire" from the control board as was stated in another thread on the Fleetwood forum. I haven't had the need to do it ( yet) but will next time the need arises.

Slammer, I was curious as to what make , model and year your FW is.

Also as I've observed in other forums and being a previous owner of a hydraulic ( HWH ) system, I can tell you they have their issues as well.

ALL Jacks will fail, break , leak ,or jam. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

The revisions that PG has made and the waterproofing ideas that have been posted here seems to have calmed things down a little bit.

If only PG hadn't gone commercial and forgotten about the end user.

Oh well

Cliff

Old 07-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #111

Fleetwood Owners Club
I see that the new brake kits have the wires coming out of the bottom of the boot. I bought 2 for spares as it takes too long to get them. The metal band/sealant solution was not the end all as I had one of them fail too. As far as hot wiring from the connector - that works as soon as you mechanically disconnect the failed brake.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #112

My "problem child" is a 2007 Excursion 39V. The Dirt Devel previously mentioned is located on the curb side of my coach. Any ideas where I would find the PG brain? I would love to be able to hot wire from there rather than crawling under that sucker. Also, on my system, I am not disengaging the brake on the leveler yet the hotwire system works just fine. I disconnect at the plastic connecter near each jack and plug my lead into the jack side spades and then crawl out and take the other end of my hotwire kit to the battery compartment and touch the leads to battery terminals. Direction of jack movement is controlled by switching hotwire ends on the battery posts.
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder