Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Power Transfer Switch

For some time there was an occasional thump from the transfer switch with no visable problems. Then it would happen more often and some of the 120 volt circuits would cycle on then back on. Started happening all the time. Thought it might be because of the home hookup. I was using a 30 amp adapter. Got to the RV park and a good 50 amp hookup. Still happened. Checked all the connectors and wireing, all was good. Called technical service for my 41260 Surge Gaurd switch and the tech helped me decide that the switch needed changing. He had me take the shore power supply and put it to the generator relay and test. It worked great. I wanted to use my extended warranty but they made it to complicated. I just wasn't able to go find an Rv service and go through all the waiting and the mobile guy would not come out for a warranty job. Called customer service for Surge Guard and they quickly agreed to warranty it for me even though it is several months out of warranty. It was shipped to me I installed it and am returning it with an RMA. Can't say enough about Surge Guard (TRC) customer service or the technical support.
jay31ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Why was your EW such a hassle?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I guess the hassle was having to pull out and go to a service center. We are heading south soon. My wife was ill. The EW would have covered it less my copay. We are in the MH full time for awhile till the house sells and we find some place else. Been working our tails off getting the house ready for sale.
jay31ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
We can certainly relate to your present situation. Were in limbo also. Our house sold, way to low for its value. DW developed severe blood clots, was in the hospital for a long time. The house was on the Gulf and elavated thus steps. our ATS went out for some reason and EW made us go to a S/b Business when a mobile tech could have done the same installation for less! Go figure? Hope all goes well for you two.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, transfer switch