Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #1

Probably just being grumpy...

But, why didn't put Fleetwood put a LED light strip on the awning of the Discovery? Other DPs at that price point have them. Just venting. Thanks!
Fulltime and loving it!
lsw9658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #2

Good question..... but, those light strips never seem to last very long anyway, just a royal PIA if you ask me.
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:36 PM   #3

It amazes me some of the decisions they may. I have seen better cameras on lower end models that on higher end models. The good news is, simple to add a light strip if you would like to. Done it on 2 of our coaches
klandersnitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
They did....on the 2016 Discovery because Dometic installed LED strips in the awning housing. Agree with PP, you can get better ones and self install in an hour.
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by klandersnitr View Post
It amazes me some of the decisions they may. I have seen better cameras on lower end models that on higher end models. The good news is, simple to add a light strip if you would like to. Done it on 2 of our coaches
Where did you get the LED strips? Did you put them in the channel of the roller? How did you route power?

I put an a 16 foot LED strip I bought on Amazon along the base of my awning and wired it into the amber light over the door of my coach. It works well but I'd also like a strip in the channel of the roller when the awning is extended. I just have not figured out a good way to get power to it without some sort of slip rings in the roller