RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

Problem with Electrical in my 1999 Eagle

Hello All
I started my coach to turn around in my garage the other day. I had to power the coach to run the block heater as my coach does have the preheat-er working still and when I started the coach to air up for the re position I noticed the microwave cycling on and off. So I went under the bed to the breakers and shut off the microwave. What was weird was the think keep doing it. I would like to know if it is the inverter going out or something else. The inverter is a freedom and is vintage 1999. Thanks for any advice. John Wenner 1999 american eagle.

American Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Could be a failing inverter. Much of the 120vac power passes through the inverter (whether actually inverting or using shore/genset power), so a failing auto-transfer switch in the inverter can cause problems.

If your Eagle is all original, you have the old Heart Source Manager II for power management & inverter, and most of those have failed by now.

If you don't have the manual for Source Manager, get it at http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Dis...s%20Manual.pdf

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #3

If you pulled the shore cord to move the MH, the microwave would be running on the inverter.

If your inverter is in seek mode, ( a battery saving mode ), it will search for a small 120 volt draw every few seconds. The panel of the microwave won't be enough to pull it out of seek mode and will do what it did. Turn something else on and it will go to idle mode.

Could be what happened.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #4

Power problem

My inverter is a heart freedom 20 and have been thinking about changing out with a new one. What would a good replacement that would fit where to old one went. Thanks
Old 11-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #5

The Xantrex 458 converter/inverter will certainly fit .

If your present unit is not the Heart Source Manager (which included an integrated transfer switch), you will need a transfer switch and the converter/ inverter.

As the Source Manager units were very large, you should have no problem space wise for the new converter/inverter and a separate transfer switch.

Most American Coaches of your vintage and mine were oem with the Source Manager. It sounds like yours must have been replaced at some point in time .
Old 11-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #6

Xantrex Freedom Inverter/Charger - 3000W

I did find a Xantrex Freedom Inverter/Charger - 3000W that has the ats in the inverter. Would that be a good choice? Product # 815-3012 Thanks John
Old 11-30-2018, 08:01 AM   #7

See my response in your other thread.

Tags
1999, problem