Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #1779

American Coach Owners Club
Hope your up and around ! Don't over do it.
Working on Onan Project all this coming week.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #1780
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Hope your up and around ! Don't over do it.
Working on Onan Project all this coming week.

I hurt it again yesterday, but it is only a dull ack right now. Expect to make progress in the next days.

What are you going to use the generator for?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:58 AM   #1781

Can't do much of anything with a Nagy Back ! Ouch !
Generator: The Generator in my Eagle is worn out- Needs an Engine rebuild. 37,000 hours.
Looking at 2 options- and both require re fabricating the Cradle Slide out to fit one of the 2 Generators I have .
If I install The HDKAJ I got from you - serviceability presents issues with removing the covers for future service- Just too tight.
Option 2 is to install a similar Onan- DKDFJ is near identical to the one that's in there-- It has 247 hours on it, It's a little noisier than the HDKAJ. I Load tested both this past week in 94 deg heat for 6 hours and both got an A +
HDkAJ-- 119 volts @ 59.7 Hertz - Constant with Load on and Load off
DKDFJ-- 115 Volts @ 60.1 Hertz-- Same
That's with Both A/C's on High and a Big Shop Vac on inside the MH
Here's a shot of the old DKD on its way out when the Rain Stops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2803.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	206645  
Old 06-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #1782

Spartan Chassis
Boy I sure like the serviceability of those Eagles. Not having the covers on the generator surely make it noisier, but wow would be so nice to be able to get in and work on things.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #1783

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Generator: The Generator in my Eagle is worn out- Needs an Engine rebuild. 37,000 hours.
Looking at 2 options- and both require re fabricating the Cradle Slide out to fit one of the 2 Generators I have .
If I install The HDKAJ I got from you - serviceability presents issues with removing the covers for future service- Just too tight.
Option 2 is to install a similar Onan- DKDFJ is near identical to the one that's in there-- It has 247 hours on it, It's a little noisier than the HDKAJ. I Load tested both this past week in 94 deg heat for 6 hours and both got an A +
WOW Chuck. I thought I had high hours on my 10kW Onan with 3k hours and yours has over ten times that @ 37k hours???? Holy crap you must use yours a lot, although racing will do that. Back when we were racing we would start ours when we arrived at the track Friday evening and many times not shut it down until Sunday afternoon when we arrived home.

It is so nice to see people use their rigs and see them properly maintained vs. just getting new or newer. Thirty-seven thousand hours on the genny and over 200k on the coach, I salute you.

Mike
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
WOW Chuck. I thought I had high hours on my 10kW Onan with 3k hours and yours has over ten times that @ 37k hours???? Holy crap you must use yours a lot, although racing will do that. Back when we were racing we would start ours when we arrived at the track Friday evening and many times not shut it down until Sunday afternoon when we arrived home.

It is so nice to see people use their rigs and see them properly maintained vs. just getting new or newer. Thirty-seven thousand hours on the genny and over 200k on the coach, I salute you.

Mike
Boy I sure like the serviceability of those Eagles. Not having the covers on the generator surely make it noisier, but wow would be so nice to be able to get in and work on things.

Back -- Way Back when I bought this, a Prerequisite was a Slide Out Genny !

LOL Mike- I'm an Old Guy who Likes Old Things ! Still have my 1999 GMC Denali We bought New- 165,000 on the clock and still looks new.
Or Maybe I'm just cheap.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #1785

Spartan Chassis
My next one will have a slide out for sure! Last week was changing the oil in my onan and the dang end of the dipstick broke off. Of course almost impossible to work on it. Got a new dipstick and a long 4 finger grabber deal on the way to see if I can get the end of it out. If not I'll have to try to get the dipstick tube off from the access hole underneath.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #1786
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

I never thought of the HDKAJ as being quite. Be sure to post the install project.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #1787

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Back -- Way Back when I bought this, a Prerequisite was a Slide Out Genny !

LOL Mike- I'm an Old Guy who Likes Old Things ! Still have my 1999 GMC Denali We bought New- 165,000 on the clock and still looks new.
Or Maybe I'm just cheap.
I'm not an old guy Chuck (at least I keep telling myself that) but I too prefer to keep things a long time and keep them maintained properly, always have. I'm not one to buy new just to have new. I prefer to call it smart, frugal or anything other than cheap.

As for the genny on a slide, that was on my must have list on our coach as well after having to reach into a compartment to work on them in our previous two coaches.

Mike
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #1788
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post

Mike

I start mine before we leave and never turn it off until we return (racing).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #1789

Spartan Chassis
We run ours quite a bit too, however most of the time it's cool enough at night to turn it off and run off the inverter over night. We just put a fan in the bedroom and it's comfortable.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #1790
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoxlr8 View Post
We run ours quite a bit too, however most of the time it's cool enough at night to turn it off and run off the inverter over night. We just put a fan in the bedroom and it's comfortable.

We have a fan in the bedroom but it does not seem to move a lot of air.

Bedroom Ceiling Fan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #1791

Spartan Chassis
I'd like to add one of those someday, although pretty far down on the project list. We get by with a little oscillating fan on each night stand.

I did learn that some electronic fans do not like the inverter AC voltage, I had a floor fan with electronic controls we tried that burnt up - did not like the inverter power. Mechanical switch type fans seem quite happy though. I'm not sure if the square wave of the output is the problem or what.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #1792
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoxlr8 View Post
I'd like to add one of those someday, although pretty far down on the project list. We get by with a little oscillating fan on each night stand.

I did learn that some electronic fans do not like the inverter AC voltage, I had a floor fan with electronic controls we tried that burnt up - did not like the inverter power. Mechanical switch type fans seem quite happy though. I'm not sure if the square wave of the output is the problem or what.

Some of the Eagles came with fans in the bedrooms, check and see if there is power there for it.

Other wise tape the power from the rear a/c. Mounting is easy as you can reach the back side through the a/c duct. I added a backing plate for strength

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
projects