RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2019, 12:57 AM   #1

Propane tank location

2007 Bounder diesel 38s Looking for propane tank location. I know where the emergency shutoff and fill port is but looking at the “stay longer” 4way adapter and realized I have not seen the lp tank in any of the compartments like my old motorhome. Any clues? Thanks, Tim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2019, 04:33 AM   #2

If you have a fill port that's not on the tank itself, the tank is likely mounted between the frame rails, up under the RV.
That's going to make the 4way adaptor a bit inconvenient. You will need to run more hoses out to the side where you can reach them.

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #3

Thank you. I can see a good size tank between the rails rear of the axles. I will investigate further when temps come out of single digits. Brr
Old 01-20-2019, 03:55 PM   #4

If its not round and white, its not your propane tank.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #5

My old RV had a gray tank.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a similar coach. You will find your propane tank mid-way underneath between the rails.

And I'm sorry to tell you, but none of the available 'stay a while' or 'extend a stay' etc type fill port adapters will work for your (or at least mine) fittings. The regulator is attached to the main port with a different style of fitting.

I have done some research on what is needed but it is a combo of fittings, and then a way to bring the port outside to useable location.

The attached picture isn't from mine...but the same that I found showing the connection type.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	propane_tank.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	232641  
Attached Images

mevman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:07 AM   #7

Thank you for the info. I managed to get under the bounder this evening and found exactly what your pictures show. So now as you stated the extended stay kits are off the table. I use propane at my house so I am going to take the pictures to the service company and see if they have s solution. Will post what I find. Thanks
Old 01-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good luck Tajfish. Getting the fittings etc isn't the hard part. What type of hose and where to put it for access is my dilemma, but I'm not in a hurry for it.

Just a comment here: You should go to your profile setup and add a signature showing your coach type etc so folks might help you better.

Happy trails.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:48 PM   #9

Thanks for the heads up on signature. Found it. Hopefully get to talk to the Propane company tomorrow about connection for external tank. Like you the issue is more how to address the hose seeing how we have a slide on both side of the tank.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:15 AM   #10

Tajfish

I have a 2008 38F with the remote shutoff/fill. My tank is located amidships and I installed a hose for add on LPG tank. Because of the remote tank location the factory used NPT fittings, not the regular tank fittings that allowed the installation of an Extend-a-Stay or similar device. I decided to put a T after the regulator on the low side then I wouldn't have to move the regulator. The difference is that I have a hose with a regulator on it to hook the external tank to. I used a stainless braid covered hose from my T to just inside the basement door and put a quick-connect female end on it with the male end on my hose from the tank. Feel free to contact me if you want me to share some pics. I'll try to post them (I'm not to good at that) Actually, if you tap in the low pressure side, you can pretty much tap anywhere you want after your coach regulator. That could be by your hot water heater, fridge or a like running to your stove/oven. I found it much easier and neater to tap my the tank. At that time I also touched up a couple paint chips with underlying rust on my LPG tank, used a rust neutralizer, primed/painted it and sprayed the bottom half with a rock guard spray similar to a spray in bed liner to protect it.
stevewitt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If that works for you Steve, great.
The problem with this is that you won't be able to connect an external bottle of gas for the coach and you will have to have a way to have the low pressure gas go directly into any appliance without it's own regulator.

This is a less than optimum way of doing it...but it works with those limitations.
Personally I want to be able to connect an external bottle of gas should I need it for heat or the like without moving the coach....and some appliances (like my Blackstone Grill) have a non-removable regulator so that would present an issue.

Happy trails,
Old 01-24-2019, 11:47 PM   #12

Steve

Thank you, I will look into your idea. Instead of buying a long stay kit I would purchase another regulator and tie into the system piping after my primary regulator. Is that right ? I believe this might work fir my needs. Thanks
Old 01-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #13

I bought a two stage regulator and that is on the hose I run from the external tank to the hose I installed on the motorhome. A comment made here is that many standalone grills, etc have built in regulators. Be that the case I use the external tank for these with a hose that doesn't have a regulator on it. I have no need to have a high pressure outlet on the motor home to power external devices. If able, I'll post pictures. I tried the other night but I have to rotate the pics. For some reason the pics want to post upside down. I'm a little slow at this, LOL
Steve

visit us at:Oconto Yacht Club
stevewitt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:59 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like I said...if that works for you....great!
Having an external bottle without regulator to fuel external devices IMHO takes the point out of having a port on the RV. I don't know of ANY propane fueled device that doesn't have a regulator as part of its configuration.
Happy trails.

Tags
cat, propane, tank