Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #1

Questions about a 1984 fleetwood pace arrow

Hi, my name is aaron and im new here. Any help i get thank you in advance. I just bought a 1984 pace arrow 27' for my first rv. Its in great shape, but i have a few questions.

The other day the breaker blew leading from my house to the rv. Now all of a sudden only two outlets work in the kitchen. I found what i think is the breaker box under the fridge and saw a few breakers. on quick glance it didnt look like any of the fuses were blown. I can take a better look though. Can anyone let me know some things i can check to locate the problem? Also I was wondering how the fridges work. I get power but no cooling. one last problem. My friend broke the key tumbler, now the key keeps spinning. any help would be appreciated. any tips or anything will help as i know nothing about rv's. thanks in advance.
aaron81182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #2

Check your plug in the walls for GFIC breakers. I f you find then press the reset button on each. Check all outlets. Flip the breakers on-off to check.Fridge should have a panel just above the door or a temp switch inside.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron81182 View Post
Hi, my name is aaron and im new here. Any help i get thank you in advance. I just bought a 1984 pace arrow 27' for my first rv. Its in great shape, but i have a few questions.

The other day the breaker blew leading from my house to the rv. Now all of a sudden only two outlets work in the kitchen. I found what i think is the breaker box under the fridge and saw a few breakers. on quick glance it didnt look like any of the fuses were blown. I can take a better look though. Can anyone let me know some things i can check to locate the problem? Also I was wondering how the fridges work. I get power but no cooling. one last problem. My friend broke the key tumbler, now the key keeps spinning. any help would be appreciated. any tips or anything will help as i know nothing about rv's. thanks in advance.
I still have one of these units in my garage believe it or not. Was the best coach we have ever owned. We have moved on now but the Pace Arrow is still here for the kids to take when needed. There should be a breaker panel and fuse panels (ours is a 34ft so locations will not be the same) Like the post before this said GFI's will need to be reset and if everything comes back great. If it doesn't keep looking for the breaker panel for the AC side and possibly a 12 volt fuse for the DC side. Your fridge should have a switch so you can go from AC to DC or propane. Make sure what's selected. The key tumbler sounds like something you want to get a "mature" mechanic to look at (as the younger guys have probably never seen one like that before) everything drive line is based on 70's or so Chev (assuming it is a GM chassis?) So get your parts at your local junkyard that does have some older Chev vans in stock.

Good Luck!!

joe
joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV 2. Here is a link to FW manuals in case you don't have yours http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flee...-a-133407.html . Also FW customer service may be able to assist you. Their # is 800-322-8216.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your new RV.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #5

Sorry for the late response guys. I will check on this very soon. Thank you for the advice and I will update you later!
aaron81182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood