Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Radio Power Relay

When I press the radio power on toggle the radio will come on for as long as I hold down the toggle. 'Sometimes'. Other times it works OK. Sometimes the radio power will not go off unless I press the toggle several times.

There's a relay somewhere that's not working properly and I'd like to replace it myself. I'm sure I can get one from Mouser or somewhere.

Does anybody know where it is and which relay it is?

Thanks!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, I don't. I would like to say that the radio in our Bounder is a real dud, however. Hopefully someone with something helpful to contribute will be along shortly.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I found it.

with the help of wiring schematics Fleetwood sent me (Great customer service by the way) I found the radio power monoplex. It's under and to the right of the radio tucked in behind an air duct. It has 5 white and unmarked wires going into it.

I found them online between $42 and $56. But based on the testing I was able to do I think the real problem is one of the switches.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #4

I have another "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" with the radio on my 2008 Expedition. When it was not working, I checked all the usual things: connections, ground etc., and next on the list was the wires to the speakers. With the radio turned on, but no sound, the front speaker wires were all connected so I went to check the bedroom speakers. When I turned on the overhead light in the bedroom, sound booms out of the radio. I have no idea why, but when the radio does not work, I go turn on the bedroom overhead lights and it works. Don't know if this will help anyone since it is probably a gremlin particular to my rv.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, radio