Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #1

Rear Jack Issue

99 Pace Arrow 37s. Front jacks seem to work fine,but when I switch to the rear jacks you hear the unit start to go but then it seems to just barely and fizzles.. Could this be the coach batteries? Need some insight.. The Living room slide always goes in n out just fine also.. Have had some trouble before with the front jacks but they seem to be okay now...
wink1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Put all the jacks down and lubricate them with silicon spray good.
And the rear jacks may have a grease zerk that 2-3 pumps will help them a lot.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Definitely clean and lube the hydraulic rams as the first step. The zerks on the jacks need grease (but not all Power Gear jacks models have the zerks).

If that doesn't do it, I would start looking at the valves for the rear jacks. They control the flow of hydraulic fluid to the individual jacks.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #4

Found that one of the coach batteries is weak and needs to be changed. I will replace both batteries as to keep them the same. Is it correct for me to believe that this could be my problem... will start there first as I know I need new coach batteries...Sprayed all rams as directed, it just seems I run out of juice before I get the rear jacks down... Thank you for the help... You guys are great
wink1i is offline   Reply With Quote