Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #1

Recommended Outside Storage Cover

Hello All!
I have a 2013 Bounder 35K and will be stored outside. What covers do you recommend for the hot Florida sun? The unit is 36ft long, so do I find a cover that is 37ft to account for ladder?

Thanks for the help in advance!

TJ
TJPro351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. I have a Bounder that sits in Fl six months a year and usually in the sun the other six months we travel :(. It looks like the day we bought it and we never covered it. You'll get varying opinions on this. I've read a lot if posts where the cover did more damage than it was worth. It's heavy and requires a few people to put on and take off. Here is a link to a bunch of past threads in this.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Motor...earch=irv2.com
Good luck.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I see Cliff has already provided some great background material for you but I've deleted the thread you started on this same question in the Class A forum since our rules don't allow duplicate posts.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #4

Thanks for the links Cliff....
Sorry for the double post Rick
TJPro351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #5

I use an ADCO cover I got from CW...get one a foot or 2 longer. They work very well...not the most fun to put on and off...but not bad. I cant believe somebody thinks a cover will do damage...that makes zero sense...they work quite well!
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Don't get a cover, get covered storage. I know, it's expensive...so was your RV. Covers are a lot of trouble, hard to put on, find a place to store it when on the road, if windy, they'll either rub a place on the MH or have a place rubbed in them, keep the heat trapped inside which destroys foam, seals, rubber, etc.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #7

Used Adco on mine for over 10 years. If secured properly, no troubles. The Tyvek top allows it to breathe nicely; never a problem there either. Covering prevents the freeze/thaw cycle from messing with the roof seams.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #8

TJPro..
Let me tell you my experiences with RV covers. I've been using covers for 15 years on 2 different coaches. I've been through several covers but always end up with the ADCO. Simply put, ADCO has the best cover for the money. I have tried the cheaper brands and was disappointed in the quality and longevity. In all honesty you can only expect a cover to last for 2-3 years (that's in the So Cal weather). Yes they can be difficult to put on. In my younger days I would throw part of it over my shoulder and climb the ladder having somebody guide the tail, like a brides gown. I have found that since I'm older now, i have an easier method. I place the cover on the ground near the rear side of the coach, fold the cover and tie a rope around it. I then climb to the roof and pull the cover up using the rope. careful not to let the rope slide on the cover causing a "rope burn". Once on the roof I unfold and secure. I't still a one man job and I can do it in 10-15 minutes. For me I prefer to keep my rig covered and eliminate as much uv as I can and keep it clean after washing and waxing. I can't afford indoor storage, although I would love it. Check ADCO close-outs for a great price.
Vato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #9

I used a cover on my 34' hurricane 2 years back and the cover rubbed holes in the rubber roof in 3 spots and wore the paint on the front cap. The slide topper levers which I put tennis balls on rubbed through. I live in a big open field and get a lot of wind. I have tried 2 brands which cost about $400 easy and they all failed in a year and I spent a lot of time trying new ways to keep them secure. I have given up on covers and am building a carport.
milligsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Like Florida, the SoCal sun requires a cover...would do covered if it was affordable, but that is just not found here.

Had an Adco on my last TT. It was good, but I found with my Class A that the same quality can be had in a Formosa or Expedition cover.

Adco has Camping World locked and so is easy to buy. The other brands are sold through Amazon and other retailers and are made with Tyvek too, have zippered corners too, and have similar straps, bag and such...BUT they are about 25%-40% less in price.

These midgrade covers are just a big bag shaped like a box, so buy 1foot longer for your ladder. Custom covers are made for you RV but cost over $1,200 for a 37' RV.

Putting the cover on and off is a pain, but peeling decals, faded artwork, and premature roof aging is worse. I say, be a smart shopper...and use your cover, it's well worth it.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, storage