Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #15

Reefer fans connection

Peterd503: Thanks for this information. Can you explain a little further. I don't know what an NC/HO contacter is. I also am not sure what size or how complicated it is to install. So where would I put it and how would it be connected to my light? I don't think my light gets constant 12 volts, the switch cuts power to the light when the door is closed. I can remove the switch but I would have to cut a hole or a notch to get the wire to the switch contacts where there has to be a constant 12 volt source. Help, I am confused but interested.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2015, 06:03 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Took these pictures this week-end.

First pic is upper top edge of right door, note the foam pieces.

Second picture, same door, with the yellow paper shows how much seal is gone.

Third picture is top of Left door, notice the foam pieces. Is that something Norcold would have provided or is this a bad PO job?

Trying to be as knowledgable as I can before I call Norcold
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	83592   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	83593  

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	83594  
Old 01-18-2015, 06:07 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Looks like a PO special mod :(. Mine didn't have that.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dialh, NC/HO means Normally Closed/ Held Open. If you pull the power from the light to control the switch, the switched conductor will be hot when the light is off and open when the light comes on. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-K...051615708.html
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #19

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/reefer-fans-connection-231920.html

Brockx: My reefer doesn't have anything like this either but from what I have read about the shim seal kit, this might be the seal kit or at least someone's attempt to modify their unit.

Peter503: Sorry but I still don't really understand how this works. I looked at the site you provided but the instructions for the connections were partially in Chinese and didn't really help me. Would the new piece simply be screw mounted to the reefer ceiling? Is the switch automatic or does it have to be activated some way? How do I know what terminals to wire the fan lead and the light leads to? Does it make any difference other than positive to positive and negative to negative? Where do the two leads (red and black) connect? I just am not familiar with this type of switch at all and I must plead ignorance. Thanks again.

Tags
fan