Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #1

Removing the bedroom TV

I am replacing the TV's in my 2005 Fleetwood Discovery. The front was a breeze but I can't figure out how to get the back one out. Any suggestions??
cnadeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just pulled mine out last weekend to attend to a loose coax connection. On my Bounder there is an oak front bezel, with 4 screws to remove. After that there is a horizontal top brace attaching to the top of the enclosure with L brackets.
Thats the easy part. Then it gets fun. On the bottom of the tv there are two rubber feet towards the front with nubs on the bottom of the frame that fit into the centers of the rubber feet. At the back there is a bracket that snugs up to the curved part of the TV to stabilize it. The trick is to lift straight up at the front of the TV, then slide it out. And it is real tight as the top of the TV pretty well has to touch the top of the enclosure.

Side note, getting the hollow rubber feet to sit on the bottom nubs is a chore in itself. I slid the tv in until it stopped at the nubs, then a flashlight and lift to pop the rubber feet back in.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't do what I did

If you set it down on the bed be sure it's not near the edge, and put it front down. They are not only heavy, they are 90% front heavy.

I didn't and it took out one of the cabinet doors on it's way to the floor.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #4

I changed out the rear tv on my 2005 Bounder DP a couple weeks ago. In the hall closet prior to entering the bedroom there is an access panel about 8 inches square on the backside of where the tv is in the bedroom. I removed the panel and had access to the electrical, cable connection, and the rear brackets that held the old tv in. Tight fit but doable. Good luck.
Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote