Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Replace Fleetwood CB115 PC Board with Intellitec BIRD

I have finished troubleshooting my Fleetwood BCC and have determined the CB115 PC Board is bad. Thanks for all the help this fourm has provided to isolate the problem with my coach. Rather than spending $200+ for a replacement from Fleetwood, Id like to replace it with the much more economical Intellitec BIRD controller. Although I understand how each is wired, Im not sure how to swap the two in the BCC Box. Has anyone done this? Do I remove the CB115 or install the BIRD with jumpers? A little guidance would be nice so I dont end up damaging other components.

Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I am just starting to investigate a charging problem, will that perform all the functions offered by the BCC board? I do not have the disconnect relays that it describes, but have the isolator solenoid. I believe the board on mine also charges the house batteries till charged then goes to the chassis batteries, but it is not charging the chassis batteries and with the parasitic load while sitting, they are going low in a week or so, and the isolator will not jump. What problems were you having with yours?

Happy trails Bert

Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had to replace the C B115 board in my previous pace arrow because the house batteries would not charge from the engine alternator.

There is a lot more to this board than just the isolator relay... virtually all the chassis DC fuses are here too. You can't just pull it out.

You could augment it, use something else to control the isolator solenoid, just that one wire and leave the rest of it there if everything else works.

I got my replacement directly from RV Custom products. It did not cost $200.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68
I had to replace the C B115 board in my previous pace arrow because the house batteries would not charge from the engine alternator.

There is a lot more to this board than just the isolator relay... virtually all the chassis DC fuses are here too. You can't just pull it out.

You could augment it, use something else to control the isolator solenoid, just that one wire and leave the rest of it there if everything else works.

I got my replacement directly from RV Custom products. It did not cost $200.
I understand the board does much more than charge the batteries. That's why I was hoping someone had already installed the bird and could provide some guidance. The intent would be to add it to the board circuit, not replace the CB 115. I called my local Fleetwood service center (RV Custom Products wont sell direct) and they quoted me 198.00 plus tax for the board.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought mine last year from e-bay for $150. So far it is still working.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had a eBay search for the PC Board setup for about 6 months now and no luck. It seems the person no longer caries them now that we have to purchase from Fleetwood. With tax and shipping, the price from my nearest Fleetwood center is just over $240.00. That's a little steep (for me) if I can adapt the BIRD to work
Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
HERE http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15918372/BCC%20Package.pdf is a document that will show you just what the BCC circuit board does in addition to the charging control. It should be no problem to integrate an Intellitec BIRD into the defective board.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by loulong
HERE http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15918372/BCC%20Package.pdf is a document that will show you just what the BCC circuit board does in addition to the charging control. It should be no problem to integrate an Intellitec BIRD into the defective board.
Thanks for the link. I've studied the CB115 diagrams and decided to go ahed and order the Intellitec BIRD this evening. I should have it in a few days. Will post the results once I get it installed on m rig.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Thanks for the link. I've studied the CB115 diagrams and decided to go ahed and order the Intellitec BIRD this evening. I should have it in a few days. Will post the results once I get it installed on m rig.
So did You get the BIRD and how did it work out?