Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #43

Here are pictures of my raw video panel hard mounted into the overhead cabinet of my 1993 Bounder 34J. While it's true I don't have access to the space behind, I was running out of time before a trip, and needed to create a mount. Unfortunately when I do that, those things tend to become permanent. My plan is to to make a sheet metal door that features brackets simular to these, but will also mount a 12 volt DVD player. The door will mount both the pier and the screen, yet open for access to the space behind.
The reason for the separate DVD player, is so that my kids can have full control of the player, and not bother me while I drive when they want to change movie discs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130711-00188.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	92088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130711-00189.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	92089  

Name:	IMG-20130711-00191.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	92090  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2015, 10:41 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Nice install!

I always use the locking style mount when I want articulating on my coaches. If it's centered on the front upper cabinet, I just use a solid tilt mount.
Thanks, I stuck 2 peices of foam insullation to each side of the back of the TV (you can see it in the first 2 pictures I posted) so that when it's locked and traveling it will hold tight and not scratch up the wood frame if I go over a big bump or something. I didn't need to put any foam on the top and bottom because the back of my TV is not flat.
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rludtke View Post
I purchased a raw screen I found on ebay, and mounted it across the original opening using angled brackets that I fashioned from sheet aluminum. The brackets angle the screen downward to allow the viewer to see the image from seated positions.
Having a raw screen eliminated the plastic housing and speakers that I wouldn't use anyway decreasing the overall size of the unit. The screen runs on DC power, and is driven by the DVD player that also provides audio to the speaker system.
That's a pretty good way to do it also. It looks great! I actually put a wooden face plate over the entire front part and cut the cabinet doors holes smaller to fit a slightly larger screen, mostly because that is the TV I already had. I had to make new cabinet doors in my workshop. I used Plexiglas so I could use remotes and the X-BOX360 with the doors closed.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:01 PM   #46

TV mount

I have been following this thread along for quite a while. We are going to be upgrading our rig soon and I have decided to do something totally different. Right behind the swivel recliner chair there is a window. Just under that window there is enough room for a tv cabinet that would hide the tv until you want to use it. There are tv lift mechanisms available that I am going to build into a shallow cabinet that will nest right under the window. It will provide eye level viewing right across from the couch. No more having to turn and look up to watch tv. I'll post pics when I get it done. First we have to get our next motor home. Looking at a 35E Bounder with rear bath.

Ray
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
Love my 35E, but the 'roo had to go!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9643ae6d99e14db496aa19ce2015a9ab.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	92163  
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #48

Nice looking rig. What year is that? We are looking at a 2004.

Ray
Old 04-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
It's a '07, with 30k miles.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #50

We just drove out to Norco and looked at an 05 with only 13k on it. Very nice. My wife wants to know why we can't buy it. I told her the check would bounce.

R
Old 04-23-2015, 02:06 AM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
Love my 35E, but the 'roo had to go!
Very nice, wanna race for pink slips??
Old 04-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #52

Ford Super Duty Owner
You socal guys are always playing with pink slips. When I get my V10 tuner installed I'll take on anybody.

Tags
replace