Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #1

Residential Fridge not working while driving

2016 Bounder 33c with Samsung residential fridge does not work while driving. The plug for it is behind a decorative panel next to the fridge and has 4 wooden plugs that need to be removed to get to the screws. Does anyone know if that outlet is connected to the inverter hence can run while driving? Or was that fridge simply not meant to work while driving. I wouldn't be surprised if this issue was discussed in previous threads, but I just couldn't find them.
bepar108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
Community Administrator

A call to FW 800-322-8216 will get you your wiring diagram which should answer your question. Others may have different setups.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
That outlet is supposed to be connected to the inverter. Hate to ask a stupid question, but, are you sure the inverter disconnect switch and circuit breaker in the main panel were in the on position.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPD View Post
That outlet is supposed to be connected to the inverter. Hate to ask a stupid question, but, are you sure the inverter disconnect switch and circuit breaker in the main panel were in the on position.
Plus the inverter it self? Mine has a SMALL button neer the LED to push. SIL finally saw it.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #5

On my 35K whenever on the road I look at the main TV and check that the red light on the front of it is illuminated. If that light is not on (LG TV) it means the inverter in not running. That's how I double check that the inverter is operating and supplying power to the refrigerator. To turn the inverter on there is a button on the inverter control panel above the entry door and as mentioned by others some in other places.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:36 AM   #6

Silly me

You guys are perfectly correct and I feel embarrassed to say it, but the Inverter for some reason kicked off at some point and was not working without my knowing it. I pressed the top button on the inverter and sure enough, all is working well. Thanks for the info and the tip regarding the light on the TV.
bepar108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are important for those who may do a search of the subject in the future.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge