Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have been looking for someone who installed a residential refrigerator in a Bounder, specifically a 35 E. One of the members from another forum has done it. Here is a video of the install.
Here is a link to the unit that was installed.

Whirlpool GB9FHDXWS 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator with 5 Spillproof Glass Shelves, Reversible Door Swing, Clear Humidity-Controlled Crisper, Slide-Out Freezer Drawer and Factory Installed Automatic Ice Maker: Stainless Steel

Installing a residential refrigerator into a 2010 Bounder 35E Motorhome - YouTube.

On edit. The refrigerator link I posted above is not the one in the video. It is one I saw in an Allegro the other day that I liked.

The unit in the video is a 21.7 cf Whirlpool.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting that they did all that customization and woodwork without eye protection.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'd love to replace our Nocold (spelling error intended) with a safer fridge. We've had the recalls done, but I still feel it's an accident waiting to happen. I've got a source that'll do it, but next year is our year for tires so I don't think we'll have the $$ to do both (even with the Michelin FMCA deal). Rolling down the road safety trumps the fridge when I can do without the fridge on a trip if we had to.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & Jeep Liberty Limited, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #4

Great video!! Did I miss where they put the extra batteries to run it?

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't believe he put any in. I know for me , I'm never far from a plug. You can run for a few hours and it will not lose much as far as temps go. You can also run your genny. I don't even have an inverter. It's not for everyone but will work for me.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #6

Great point! I had mistakenly assumed you HAD to have extra batteries to run it.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the post Cliff. I'm thinking of doing this in the fall or spring next year.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Last fall I replaced my Dometic NDA1402 with a Samsung RF217 in my slide. Width was the same and all I had to do was remove a drawer below to get the additional height. Best modification I've ever made. Since the new refer only uses 400 watts max, I did not have to add batteries or change any electrical. The new unit is actually 70 lbs lighter empty, but it'll probably be a wash as the DW will most likely put more food/drink into it.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezhead View Post
Last fall I replaced my Dometic NDA1402 with a Samsung RF217 in my slide. Width was the same and all I had to do was remove a drawer below to get the additional height. Best modification I've ever made. Since the new refer only uses 400 watts max, I did not have to add batteries or change any electrical. The new unit is actually 70 lbs lighter empty, but it'll probably be a wash as the DW will most likely put more food/drink into it.
Thanks for the info. I don't have room for the Samsung but I have a Summit 60 inch tall refrig/freezer on order to replace my leaking Dometic.

Tags
bounder, refrigerator