RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 03:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Not to post a review, but so far this is working great with the 1999 f53. I havent really dug deep to see all of what I can see, but at this point, this device + torque for android are providing me with realtime engine data.

Not bad for $40! Not only was it a great price, but it was shipped internationally from the USA in like 3 days, which is super impressive as normally it takes at least a week if not more. +1 to these guys.

Can you get Transmission codes or transmission data with it?

If not, does anybody know a cheap one that can do it? I paid 20$ for mine on eBay but it can not read the trans or the ABS, just the engine.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 03:57 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
I havent checked yet, but I do plan to check if it has transmission reading tonight. I know already that it does not have anything related to abs. From what I understand is the abs reader plugs into the same port, but uses a set of pins designated for abs that this reader does not have the hardware to read.

Torque is a wonderful application. I bought the pro version, and I plan to purchase a cheap tablet from wal-mart, and mount it somewhere near the dash and display realtime engine data, misfire monitoring etc.

superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #45

Quote:
I havent checked yet, but I do plan to check if it has transmission reading tonight. I know already that it does not have anything related to abs. From what I understand is the abs reader plugs into the same port, but uses a set of pins designated for abs that this reader does not have the hardware to read.

Torque is a wonderful application. I bought the pro version, and I plan to purchase a cheap tablet from wal-mart, and mount it somewhere near the dash and display realtime engine data, misfire monitoring etc.
I am also interested in Torque. Seems very good and cheaper than Scan Gauge.

If you have something like transmission temperature then it should be able to read trans codes. But I doubt since normally we need to pay a lot more to get it in a scanner.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
With regards to torque, its a wonderful app. I had the opportunity to test it on the road yesterday briefly. Happy with it.

Ok so more updates!

Before

after

Hopefully, you have noticed the bright blue sway bar bushings, AND also, here is something else to look at.

Before

After!

CHF IS DONE!!! What a difference. I took it for a mere 30mile test drive with 30mph crosswinds and seriously, it was night and day. I will admit that single-tire bumps seemed more rough, but the constant wandering of the coach is all but gone. VERY IMPRESSED. Another satisfied 'McKinley fix 'customer!
Old 06-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
OBDII

All vehicles were required and had OBDII on 1996 and above.
ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFFMAN View Post
All vehicles were required and had OBDII on 1996 and above.
I knew this was required for passenger vehicles. There was some speculation with regards to medium/heavy duty trucks being granted an extension to that regulation, in addition to the OBD1 compliance sticker was more than enough to raise concerns. In the end, all worked out

SO, I ordered these,

2pcs 12V 36 LEDs Tail Lights Truck Lorry camper Trailer Chassis Van Caravan Kit | eBay

These are cheaper and less maintenance than the bargmans current installed. I have no bulbs to replace, and the busted lens would have cost more than both the replacement!

Cant wait for them to come in now.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #49

Quote:
I knew this was required for passenger vehicles. There was some speculation with regards to medium/heavy duty trucks being granted an extension to that regulation, in addition to the OBD1 compliance sticker was more than enough to raise concerns. In the end, all worked out

SO, I ordered these,

2pcs 12V 36 LEDs Tail Lights Truck Lorry camper Trailer Chassis Van Caravan Kit | eBay

These are cheaper and less maintenance than the bargmans current installed. I have no bulbs to replace, and the busted lens would have cost more than both the replacement!

Cant wait for them to come in now.
I like those lights! I might get those for my 97 Bounder after I see how yours work out, so please update us!
Johnp292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:09 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnp292 View Post
I like those lights! I might get those for my 97 Bounder after I see how yours work out, so please update us!
Well, they came in Friday. I attempted installation today. First problem I noticed was that the outer-most tail light (in the group of 3) was a wrap-around and the plastic underneath it wasnt flush it was protruding.

and these are the other two. (one being solid red as you know)

SOO. Ill post images tomorrow, but some creativity was required. BUT I did manage to get it done. I hope you are handy with a dremel.....

Also, you will need one of these, if you want to use an orange flasher. It uses a 3-wire light system, whereas my bounder was using a 2 wire

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
When you do the repair on the wheel fender, can you post a picture? I got the same problem. I also had the same same split water pipe, it was caused by freezing. I cut off the cpvc pipe and added a flexible hose I got at lowes. Your RV is looking good.
Long overdue, but here it is. With pics.

First, I went underneath to discover the cause. Corrosion :(

Once there, how bad? The angle-iron that was once screwed to the square tubing above, had nearly completely disintegrated. There was literally nothing holding it in place.

Thankfully, after checking, the square tubing above was solid. I did however, have to cut off all the existing screws with a dremel. I extedended the front jacks to give me some head room, and turned the wheel to allow me part way in the wheel well. The old angle iron basically broke off with moderate hammer taps.

I installed a new 3-foot piece of 3/16 angle iron. Screwed it to the top first to give it a solid base. I had a friend push the plastic firmly to the wall, and I with self-tapping screws, I held the plastic in place.

I prepared the angle iron ahead of time by drilling pilot holes.

Thats only about half of the new 3-foot piece. I plan to use urethane in the groove between the angle-iron and the plastic. This will help to glue it together some, and further reduce joint movement.

Before

After

Old 06-29-2015, 06:42 PM   #51

Quote:
Well, they came in Friday. I attempted installation today. First problem I noticed was that the outer-most tail light (in the group of 3) was a wrap-around and the plastic underneath it wasnt flush it was protruding.

and these are the other two. (one being solid red as you know)

SOO. Ill post images tomorrow, but some creativity was required. BUT I did manage to get it done. I hope you are handy with a dremel.....

Also, you will need one of these, if you want to use an orange flasher. It uses a 3-wire light system, whereas my bounder was using a 2 wire

Robot Check
Rats. Yeah, mine is curved too. I guess I'll just stick with the OEM lights since they're not broken. Do post pics, though, so I can be jealous
Old 07-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #52

I'd like to see how it comes out also. I like these lights, just not crazy about the shipping... If i could get a set quicker than 2 months i'd order some now.
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:04 AM   #53

If you look on my previous created threads I have a very cheap Steering Stabilizer solution for your F53. About 140$
Old 07-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry all for being silent the last few weeks. We are on our way home from our trip to Nova Scotia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnp292 View Post
Rats. Yeah, mine is curved too. I guess I'll just stick with the OEM lights since they're not broken. Do post pics, though, so I can be jealous
Ask and ye shall receive. In the pic below, you will see the fender removed and the tail-lights removed. At the end, notice the black piece, its the guts of the reverse light, and has been plated with tin. These tail lights arrived with 2 mounting studs permanently affixed. Hard plastic just cracks, when pressure is applied, hence the tin plating. Also, this setup allowed the tail light to be level to the raised corner.

You might notice, this light does not wrap around. It also has no 'reflector'. This might not be legal in some areas. To correct these issues, I added marker lights directly on the cut corner, and wired them into the running light circuit.

Below is the light before the marker lights were installed. Even as is it looks awesome, much better than stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post
I'd like to see how it comes out also. I like these lights, just not crazy about the shipping... If i could get a set quicker than 2 months i'd order some now.
Actually, shipping to me was super quick. Coming from China I had expected it to take at least a month. Surprisingly, they arrived in 2 weeks. Was very impressed with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
If you look on my previous created threads I have a very cheap Steering Stabilizer solution for your F53. About 140$
Very nice, thank you very much. I will be taking a look at that when we get back home. At a truck stop right now just outside of Ottawa for the night. I didnt realize you were in Quebec or I would have tried to arrange a meeting! Next time perhaps. If ever you travel through northern ontario let me know. Our town has free rv dump and potable water, and I would be happy to give you the info!
Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 AM   #55

Very nice. Thanks for the update.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #56

Thanks for the photo of the shifter and open wire to the OD switch/light. I will be checking mine out on our 2000 Southwind.

Traveler78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, bounder