RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Sandracer's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Ride Height

Anyone know what the ride height setting are for a 1998 American Eagle?
It's a Spartan chassis with IFS, thanks
__________________

__________________
1998 American Eagle, Spartan chassis, IFS

Follow me if you want to come in 2nd
Sandracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
mackwrench's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: North Florida
Posts: 1,580
See if the below link will work, if so, ride height adjustment is on page 27

https://www.spartanchassis.com/cps/l...=1568161410993


EDIT- don't seem to work, Google rayco ifs1200 Spartan, about 1/2 down you'll see PDF file of the manual.

You set front ride height by distance between shock eye bolts....
16 1/8" with coach on level ground.
__________________

__________________
1999 American Eagle
ASE med/heavy certified technician
ASE advanced diesel certified
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:53 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Sandracer's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
See if the below link will work, if so, ride height adjustment is on page 27

https://www.spartanchassis.com/cps/l...=1568161410993


EDIT- don't seem to work, Google rayco ifs1200 Spartan, about 1/2 down you'll see PDF file of the manual.

You set front ride height by distance between shock eye bolts....
16 1/8" with coach on level ground.
OK, we got the front figured out, thanks to Mackwrench, I'm still looking for the measurement for the rear, I have the Reyco model 240AR, I think...
__________________
1998 American Eagle, Spartan chassis, IFS

Follow me if you want to come in 2nd
Sandracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
HJLowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
Posts: 1,254
Be very mindfull of your driveshaft
Angle.
That is much of what determins your
Coaches Ride Height.

If your drive shaft Angle is not set to
Specification. Or allowances. All kinds of mechanical
Failures can occur over time.

Ive known many Comercial Bus Technicians
Since the 60s that Only talked about the
Drive shaft angle when adjusting the air ride system.

The DOT certified shop I use still does.

This information should be available from your chassis manufacturer.

Inboard drive boats all have specific
Drive shaft angle Specifications.

Cat
Yanmar
Detroit
Mercruser
Cummins
Etc. etc
HJLowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:51 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Sandracer's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
Be very mindfull of your driveshaft
Angle.
That is much of what determins your
Coaches Ride Height.

If your drive shaft Angle is not set to
Specification. Or allowances. All kinds of mechanical
Failures can occur over time.

Ive known many Comercial Bus Technicians
Since the 60s that Only talked about the
Drive shaft angle when adjusting the air ride system.

The DOT certified shop I use still does.

This information should be available from your chassis manufacturer.

Inboard drive boats all have specific
Drive shaft angle Specifications.

Cat
Yanmar
Detroit
Mercruser
Cummins
Etc. etc
I emailed Spartan, no response, if you know what the driveshaft angle is, or
supposed to be, that would help or a rear ride height measurement and where to measure it from.
thanks
__________________
1998 American Eagle, Spartan chassis, IFS

Follow me if you want to come in 2nd
Sandracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:10 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 1,031
If you call Spartan with your VIN # they will be glad to provide this information.


They can also provide a diagram for your Mountain Master Chassis which will also include the ride heights.
__________________
DaveS
1998 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Sandracer's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
If you call Spartan with your VIN # they will be glad to provide this information.


They can also provide a diagram for your Mountain Master Chassis which will also include the ride heights.

I called them, my rear is 8.25" plus/minus 1/8", thanks
__________________
1998 American Eagle, Spartan chassis, IFS

Follow me if you want to come in 2nd
Sandracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
mackwrench's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: North Florida
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandracer View Post
I called them, my rear is 8.25" plus/minus 1/8", thanks
Wow, I'm so sorry, I was going to measure mine and let you know..... I've got too many irons in the fire and flat out forgot....
__________________
1999 American Eagle
ASE med/heavy certified technician
ASE advanced diesel certified
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Sandracer's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Wow, I'm so sorry, I was going to measure mine and let you know..... I've got too many irons in the fire and flat out forgot....
Hey, no problem, I should have just call Spartan in the first place, it's all
adjusted and I just took it for a test drive, rides better, thanks, again
__________________
1998 American Eagle, Spartan chassis, IFS

Follow me if you want to come in 2nd
Sandracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:41 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
idoxlr8's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 384
Was that the height from ground to shock lower bolt center?
__________________
1998 American Dream Race Car Hauler
idoxlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Sandracer's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoxlr8 View Post
Was that the height from ground to shock lower bolt center?
The front is measured at center of the shock bolts, 16", the rear is measured from the center of the axle (at the weld) to the bottom of the frame 8.25"
__________________
1998 American Eagle, Spartan chassis, IFS

Follow me if you want to come in 2nd
Sandracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
idoxlr8's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 384
Thanks, I need to check mine sometime. Seems like it sits up higher in the rear than it ought to.
__________________
1998 American Dream Race Car Hauler
idoxlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:04 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
mackwrench's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: North Florida
Posts: 1,580
Too far out of wack and driveline will vibrate, or worse destroy transmission output shaft bearing....pinion bearing
__________________
1999 American Eagle
ASE med/heavy certified technician
ASE advanced diesel certified
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:34 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Sandracer's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Too far out of wack and driveline will vibrate, or worse destroy transmission output shaft bearing....pinion bearing
Mine was too low in the rear and I had a vibration when I was on/off the throttle, after I adjusted the height it's gone. It started after I changed the air bags (springs) and tires, from now on I'll check it every oil change.
I just put new shocks on it today, that was fun....
__________________

__________________
1998 American Eagle, Spartan chassis, IFS

Follow me if you want to come in 2nd
Sandracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ride height



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Palazzo height riding level, is your height correct? Palazzoteam Palazzo Motorhomes 1 09-25-2013 05:06 AM
Ride Height slabman Damon 3 03-24-2009 07:31 PM
01 38' Dip, ride height, shocks and tires Garranch Monaco Owner's Forum 13 03-04-2009 12:58 PM
Rear ride height valve RicksDP Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum 7 12-18-2008 09:43 AM
2000 DSDP Ride Height Issue rebelsbeach Newmar Owner's Forum 8 08-25-2007 05:56 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×