Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ride Height Control Valves with Dump Mod

Tonight we were loading up getting ready for a race this weekend, noticed the front was sitting a little lower than normal. Fired up the coach and let the system air up and heard a little air leak on the right front, seems to be coming from the ride height valve. Wigged the rod a little bit and it quit.

So it looks like it's time for new ride height valves. Going to replace both while I'm at it. Question - any of you guys switched over to the style with integral air dumps?

The Haldex model looks like this -

I haven't had a chance to research PN's yet. Probably have to work on this when we get back next week.

Have to share a pic of the Nova from the races last weekend, broke the track record, won the Drag Radial classs and the track championship, so still pretty pumped up.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Outstanding! Just registered for the Good Guys Nostalgic race at Bowling Green. Won it last year. That kind of jinxes it for this year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try tightening any fittings. BRUSH soap and water on everything to find the leak. I bet it's a easy fix.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
I love the covered grandstands at Bowling Green, wish all tracks had that! We've only been there once a long time ago, but nice track and beautiful country there.

We've won this Fall Nationals twice in the past. This one's gonna be tough, lot of wind and there's a sandpit upwind of the track so might be a mess today. We're gonna try to just go A > B and go rounds, no record setting attempts or any of that crap.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #5

Love your Nova ! Good Luck ! I could have used that in Charlotte NC last week in 1st Rd - Lost by .0039 at the stripe ! + Ouch! Glenn has on video !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:05 PM   #6
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Love your Nova ! Good Luck ! I could have used that in Charlotte NC last week in 1st Rd - Lost by .0039 at the stripe ! + Ouch! Glenn has on video !
This is off NHRA All Access reordered off my computer screen with my cell phone (terrible quality), you can hear the announcer say Chucks name.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Man that looks like a HUGE track!

We won the Wichita Fall Nationals race, so pretty pumped about that and still recovering from the 3 am final round Sunday.

We've got a couple weeks till our next race at Tulsa's Throwdown in T-Town so hoping to get the air valves replaced before going back out again. .
Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #8
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoxlr8 View Post
Man that looks like a HUGE track!

We won the Wichita Fall Nationals race, so pretty pumped about that and still recovering from the 3 am final round Sunday.

We've got a couple weeks till our next race at Tulsa's Throwdown in T-Town so hoping to get the air valves replaced before going back out again. .
I am not a fan of the Z-Max four wides. This race was run two at a time and the cars get lost on the large track. Fans are a long way away also.

Good luck at your next race.

We have one coming up October 13th (Good Guys at Bowling Green) that will be the last race of the season for us. Time to think about the new engine. stepping up to a 7.0 index. Engine has being built for two years now, Chuck sends me pictures as it is being built

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-04-2017, 08:02 AM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Did some studying on adding the EGP height control valves with dump feature, they won't fit, a-arm bolt is in the way. So used regular Haldex Rapid Response EGP valves. Got them bolted on last night, now just have to adjust ride height.

I guess I'll rig up some separate dump valves sometime down the road.

Note: Do some shopping around on these valves, under $90 on ebay, $133 ea from inland truck parts.

Tags
valve