Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
American Coach Owners Club
Roadside assist

Anyone have any experience with FMCA roadside assistance? Time to renew our current contract and just thinking about changing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2017, 11:44 AM   #2

I would suggest using the Good Sam roadside assistance. Last June(2016) I had a blowout on the toad. FMCA Roadside assistance would not cover the cost of the tow because the toad I was using was not listed on the policy. With Good Sam, any toad is covered. The Good Sam is approx. $40 less per year for the same coverage. In addition, after the claim was denied by the carrier I called FMCA to express my concern and after speaking with various FMCA employees I was assured that I would receive a return call with updated info. After now waiting nine months and still no call I will be switching my carrier to Good Sam in a few months.
thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have roadside assist on your Motorhome insurance could you use it to fix toad flat? What about the car insurance on the toad if it has a roadside assist, wouldn't that cover a flat on the toad. If you were just driving the toad they should come fix it only difference is you are towing it. For me my Motorhome insurance has roadside assist and my car insurance also has roadside assist so I'm thinking one of them should/will work. But the real test is when you have a flat and require service, will they come and perform? I know what the policy says but the proof is in the doing. I hope I am right because that is the only roadside assist I have. I decided not to purchase the GS roadside this year and save money. I hope the cheap doesn't become expensive. That's usually what happens to me.
Tom Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
American Coach Owners Club
I didn't realize the FMCA would only cover certain toads. Good to know! We currently have Good Sam so guess we'll just renew. Thanks for your input!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #5

While trying to decide between Good Sam and FMCA I spoke to FMCA and you just have to give them the Vin number of any vehicle you want covered. I am moving away from Good Sam because of all the junk mail they send you. I will keep my Good Sam club but not the roadside assist. Can't stand all the junk mail they send out.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms G View Post
I will keep my Good Sam club but not the roadside assist. Can't stand all the junk mail they send out.
As a good Sam member you can opt out of most of the mail. You can do that on their web site.

Sign in to Good Sam click on "My Account" then the "My email Preference"
But right now you will get the below.

We are making changes to our communication preferences to streamline them and make it easier for you to just get the emails you want, please check back in 24 - 48 hours.

Direct Mail Communications

We recognize that your privacy is very important to you, and we are committed to protecting it. When you subscribe to our publications, join our clubs or otherwise do business with us, please tell us if you do not want to receive our direct mail marketing offers for any or just certain products and/or services. We will mark your account for a three-year period. You will not receive any direct mail offers from us during this three-year period for those products and/or services that you have indicated to us that you are not interested in receiving. If you change your mind, just get in touch with us and ask that we include you in future offerings. You can ask us at any time to not include you in future offerings. However, please note that because marketing campaigns are planned a few months ahead of time, you may continue to receive marketing offers for two to four months. Write to us at Good Sam Mail Preference Service, P.O. Box 6888, Englewood, CO 80155-6888 to opt out from specific future mailings.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:54 AM   #7

I recently bought a Class A, and just purchased insurance through Geico that includes roadside assistance and towing. Quotes from other insurance companies also included this service.

Is there a good reason to buy this coverage from third-party suppliers such as FMCA or Good Sam rather than through the company that insures the RV? Anyone have experience with Geico?
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunellenGuy View Post
I recently bought a Class A, and just purchased insurance through Geico that includes roadside assistance and towing. Quotes from other insurance companies also included this service.

Is there a good reason to buy this coverage from third-party suppliers such as FMCA or Good Sam rather than through the company that insures the RV? Anyone have experience with Geico?

No experience with Geico, I have Progressive with roadside assist. That's my same question? I'm trying to understand why do or should you buy the roadside assist from another company if your RV Insurance policy has roadside assistance. Just makes you feel better, don't trust the RV policy, or just want additional coverage? I haven't used my roadside assist and hope I never do. 🙂
Tom Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote