Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2017, 12:12 AM   #1

run wiring in slide out

Hello, I have a 2005 discovery 39L and I need to drill a hole in the front outside passenger slide out in the top left corner and run a wire from there into where the vents are on the back side of the fridge. I have a pantry on the inside but it only goes about half the depth of the fridge so It seems there should just be an open space behind it. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and knows if there is any plumbing or anything crucial in that area before I just go drilling into it and causing myself problems. Thank You
mxrider131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2017, 06:06 AM   #2

My limited experience has shown there are few if any wasted places in any type of RV. I would see if there is a way to remove pantry and have a look. Or perhaps any other way to see the "open space" before drilling any holes. If determined to drill anyway do it carefully, not penetrating beyond thickness. Then probe with a wire to see what can be learned. Be sure all power is off coach before attempting this.
Regwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:30 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Start with a 1/4" drill hole, use a brite flashlite to look in. Dont drill right at the bottom where stuff will rest. Expand hole until you get the size you need.

Tags
slide, slide out, wiring