Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #1

Sacramento Ca, Best RV Repair Person or Shop???

Hello,

I have 2006 Expedition 38N DP that seems to be having some issues with both the shore power and 12v charging system. I need to get some things trouble shot but electric tech that knows what they are doing. I live just outside of Sacramento to the East. Shingle Springs to be exact.

Could anyone from the area give me a referral of a tech or shop they have had good experience with and trust?

Thank you,
Dave
RocDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:45 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocDog View Post
Hello,

I have 2006 Expedition 38N DP that seems to be having some issues with both the shore power and 12v charging system. I need to get some things trouble shot but electric tech that knows what they are doing. I live just outside of Sacramento to the East. Shingle Springs to be exact.

Could anyone from the area give me a referral of a tech or shop they have had good experience with and trust?

Thank you,
Dave
Allied Trailer Supply : WELCOME!

I remember this shop on El Camino from growing up in the area. It's been around for a long time in the same place.

I have had them do work on my 5er and Truck(no disappointments). I will continue to go to this place for work that I cannot do myself.

I work with folks that travel from the outskirts areas (Folsom and Auburn) who bring their RVs to Allied.

Check them out.

Rich
__03 15' Klamath SS w/30hp
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have good luck with Idle Wheel RV. Been using them for the last 9 years (2 5th wheels and 2 MH's).
4625 Missouri Flat rd
Placerville‎ CA
(530) 622-7034
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
I haven't personally used Idle Wheels, but my dad has for years and he is happy with them. I'm not sure of their electrical expertise but they have a good reputation for being fair. I have used Affordable RV Repair at the CP Airport for a couple issues over the years which he fixed and was reasonable.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by exgman View Post
I haven't personally used Idle Wheels, but my dad has for years and he is happy with them. I'm not sure of their electrical expertise but they have a good reputation for being fair. I have used Affordable RV Repair at the CP Airport for a couple issues over the years which he fixed and was reasonable.
Thank you. Yeah, I have heard good and bad about Idle Wheels. I am thinking that is where I am going to go as it is the closest to my house. I have been doing a lot of trouble shooting myself. Maybe w any luck I will have it fixed before the appointment I made w them next week.

Thank you all for repling. I will update with my experience as soon as I try them.
RocDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I lived in Granite Bay for 25 years. Bought my new DP from Village RV and had it serviced there until we went full time. They seemed to do work and stand behind it. DeMartini in Grass Valley has also been highly mentioned here DeMartini RV Sales - New and Used Motorhome Dealer | Parts Service | Index

Best of luck

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #7

Care to elaborate on what the issues are? Do the shore power issues you experience happen with the generator running instead? When you say 12V system are your referring to house batteries or chassis batteries?

BTW- Affordable RV is a top notch shop just off of 80 in New Castle
dondar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair