Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #1

Satellite bundle for Bounder

I'm considering buying the King satellite bundle for the motor home. All that I've read has been positive, except one issue. Some people are saying that they cannot run the coax cable from the antenna directly to the hook up outside of the motor home, and they have to run directly to the receiver and that means through a window. Can someone enlighten me on this? Has anyone had this issue? I have a 2015 Bounder, one would think that the wiring would be compatible.
bulldog620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe your talking about the park cable hook up which goes directly to the tv(s). If you cant use that, just install another one going through the wasll up by the drivers comparment or near wherever the rest of your tv compoments are. They make really nice weather proof female cable outlets that you could simply drill a hole through the wall and install. Little caulk and your done. (really no big deal to drill a hole). Then run it up the pillar to the cabinet where the existing stuff is. Furion makes a nive one, search amazon.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Before doing what I previously posted, I would check to see if the park cable outlet does not come into your tv component area. If it does you can just connect to it there.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #4

Usually the park cable connector comes into a splitter and travels out from there the TV's. A splitter installed between the dish and reciever will not work. There is a device that will do that function but I believe it's called a multiswitch. On my 2016 36E bounder that splitter is located behind the bottom most cabinet drawer under the bedroom TV. Fleetwood will give you the schematics for your rig and they clearly show where the splitter is.

Just disconnect the line from the park cable hook up and connect it straight to the coax that goes to the audio video cabinet and it'll work.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #5

Thanks for all your feedback, I'm ordering the unit today.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #6

I have a King Dome that they fished the wires through the wall. Everything worked fine until dish network decided to update all the cable boxes and now it's $800 fix from King Dome
SquidMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

I'm still a little confused. Please help. Question. Can a portable sat dish be connected directly to the MH outside coax (park connection) and work with the MH av system?
If not, is there a easy way to set it up? Is adding another coax from the outside to the sat. receiver the only possibilty? Thanks
2014 Bounder 33c / 4 tv's
R2014Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #8

Yes. 

2011 Fleetwood terra 35
SquidMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog620 View Post
Thanks for all your feedback, I'm ordering the unit today.
Probably too late but the reception of the automatic dish is much better.
Robot Check
Old 05-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
Probably too late but the reception of the automatic dish is much better.
Robot Check
That's what is ordered

Tags
satellite, bounder