Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 AM   #1

Satellite on 2014 35k bounder?

I am purchasing a 2014 Bounder. I would like to put a Winegard Trav'ler that is Hi Definition. I am told that the coach is pre wired for HiDef to all the TV's. I believe that this would require HDMI cable in the wiring also back to the bedroom. Have any Bounder or Southwind owners installed this satellite. If so, are you getting Hi Def and how do you like this setup?
Thanks for any feedback!
livintolearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 14 bounder 35k. The coach comes pre wired in hdmi to all tv's including the outside tv. The hdmi line to the outside tv terminates in the cabinet above the bedroom tv and requires a splitter in order to get sat signal to it. If you are going to want satellite to the outside tv I would recommend a splitter with a booster or you could simply unplug the sat line for the bedroom tv from the sat box and plug the line from the outside tv into the sat box. We went with an in motion wine guard system on the roof and are very happy with it. (dish network) I purchased two sat boxes from camping world (on sale right now for 78.00!) They are hd boxes and work great! One thing that some people might not know is that the sat system will not switch between satellites for the different tv's. Meaning whatever channel your main tv is on (an odd or even channel) you will only be able to get channels either odd or even on the back tv. I would also recommend having your coach built with the blue ray option. I had to replace my original theatre system with a similar blue ray sony unit as I love watching movies in high def. Hope this wasn't too confusing. By the way, the MH satellite is billed to our existing dish network account for the sticks and bricks and is very inexpensive. wife's not here right now but I want to say its under 20 bucks. I don't shut it down in the winter as you never know when we might take a trip and I like to spend time out there putzing around my "man cave"!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I have a 14 bounder 35k. The coach comes pre wired in hdmi to all tv's including the outside tv. The hdmi line to the outside tv terminates in the cabinet above the bedroom tv and requires a splitter in order to get sat signal to it. If you are going to want satellite to the outside tv I would recommend a splitter with a booster or you could simply unplug the sat line for the bedroom tv from the sat box and plug the line from the outside tv into the sat box. We went with an in motion wine guard system on the roof and are very happy with it. (dish network) I purchased two sat boxes from camping world (on sale right now for 78.00!) They are hd boxes and work great! One thing that some people might not know is that the sat system will not switch between satellites for the different tv's. Meaning whatever channel your main tv is on (an odd or even channel) you will only be able to get channels either odd or even on the back tv. I would also recommend having your coach built with the blue ray option. I had to replace my original theatre system with a similar blue ray sony unit as I love watching movies in high def. Hope this wasn't too confusing. By the way, the MH satellite is billed to our existing dish network account for the sticks and bricks and is very inexpensive. wife's not here right now but I want to say its under 20 bucks. I don't shut it down in the winter as you never know when we might take a trip and I like to spend time out there putzing around my "man cave"!!!
Mojo,

Think I might have to start paying you as my Bounder consultant. I want to hopefully clear a few things up in my head that you mentioned. I am confused about the splitter issue for the bedroom and outside tv. You said you need a splitter for the satellite, but the only thing I did was plug a RG-6 from the receiver to the satellite outlet in the cabinet and it works. I do have a splitter for the 2 HDMI cables so I don't have to continually switch cables based on what TV I am watching. Is there something I need to change?

The second thing is about watching only odd or even channels, am I correct in assuming you are talking about while in motion? I probably have the same system as yours, but haven't tried it in motion yet. I have Directv, so only standard def for me. I believe the only dish that can get Directv in HD from Winegard is the Traveler.

Don't know about yours!, but the AV cabinet above the drivers seat in mine is a hot mess of wires. Going to clean that up myself. Also wish they would have labeled the cables.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The splitter I'm talking about is as you said, to split the satellite signal between the bedroom and outside tv. With a powered splitter I can use both tv's at once. Like you said without it I would have to switch the two hdmi cords depending on which tv I wanted to watch. With my wine guard system, it doesn't matter if I'm moving or stationary you can only watch odd or even channels depending on what the master tv is set to. In this case the master is the living room tv. The living room tv will go to any channel I choose but the bedroom will only receive odd or even number channels depending on if the living room tv is tuned to odd or even. For example, if the front tv is on channel 32, I can watch any even numbered channel in the bedroom. If I want to watch channel 21 in the bedroom I would have to tune the front tv to an odd numbered channel. I believe that is the case with all systems. Maybe it's due to the in motion, not sure.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bounder consultant?………….hmmmmm I can finally retire early and go full-time!!!! Wonder if it pays enough to upgrade to that discovery I've been looking at?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think it pays enough for a Discovery, but maybe a real old popup.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm, I've never heard of that "odd or even" channel thing. Usually the secondary TVs must be tuned to a channel that's on the same satellite as the main. I never considered whether they are odd or even. Of course, we don't have in-motion; we have the TracVision dome which will support two receivers.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hmmmm, I've never heard of that "odd or even" channel thing. Usually the secondary TVs must be tuned to a channel that's on the same satellite as the main. I never considered whether they are odd or even. Of course, we don't have in-motion; we have the TracVision dome which will support two receivers.
I haven't either. I am going to test it out. The Winegard in motion I have supports 2 receivers as well. Of course my Bounder consultant is probably right and I just haven't noticed.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

So is the in-motion Winegard an after market thing? I thought they equipped Bounders with a stationary system?
Old 04-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Upgrade for me. On the Winegard web page you can see the upgrade kit.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, ok. We also have the option to upgrade to in-motion but we're not interested since it's just the two of us and I have to spend my time backseat driving. Sooner or later we will buy a carryout portable satellite antenna so we can park in shadier areas and still get a signal.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sarah that's what I mean. the back TV has to be tuned to a channel that is on the same satellite as the front TV. It just so happens that one satellite is odd channels and the other is even.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes the in motion was an upgrade. I ordered mine without a sat system. Well not ordered but I chose this one off the lot because I wanted to do in motion.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #14
Cat

We have the trav'ler one of the best upgrades I made. I installed duplexs so i could use the cable network at the rv parks we visit or the Dish on the same coax in the motorhome. If I remember correctly duplexes are alittle different than a normal splitter. Works great all tvs get HD and we can watch local cable or switch to cable tv.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, bounder