RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #1

Seats.

Has anyone removed the couch from thier 2016 bounder 35k? We would like to replace it with recliners. How big a job and how much clearance to half bath with slide in? Thanks.
Gordon
2016 bounder 35 k

gordonjmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were going to get rid of the sleeper coach until we realized we would lose:
A bed for temporary company.
2 seating places.
So the dog could be up on the coach with us.
Have wasted place on both sides of the recliners.
The recliners would have taken up more space in the middle of the coach.
And spent hundreds on each.
I sleep better totally horizontal on a coach.
No Thanks.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

First thing to check is whether there is a furnace or duct work under or behind the sofa. Either of those could play havoc with your plans.

As far as actually removing it, typically there are 4-6 bolts or lag screws holding it to the floor. Sometimes a bit awkward to get at them, but not a big deal. Getting the sofa out of the RV, on the other hand, can be a challenge unless the sofa can be further disassembled. On our last coach, there were only 4 floor screws and the ends of the sofa came off. We could move it around inside the coach well enough, but not sure if we could get it out through the big lounge window of not. The entry door would have been impossible.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:59 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Go read Sarah's thread here:Sofa Replacement

She put in a recliner sofa, but you'll have the same issue getting your couch out as she did.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Go read Sarah's thread here:Sofa Replacement

She put in a recliner sofa, but you'll have the same issue getting your couch out as she did.

Lori-
Yep, great thread. I added my comments in that one too. I removed mine and never regretted it!
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:31 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
We took out our J sofa... it required a sawzall to get it out (no recouping the cost by selling it).

I tried to take it apart piecemeal... but couldn't get it skinny enough to fit through the door.

In our 2016 35K there is no ducting built into the sofa... but there are a lot of wires back there that you'll have to figure out how you want to hide them.

You'll also have to disconnect and reconnect the subwoofer that is hidden under the sofa.
https://www.nomadsumc.org/
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonjmcc View Post
Has anyone removed the couch from thier 2016 bounder 35k? We would like to replace it with recliners. How big a job and how much clearance to half bath with slide in? Thanks.
Gordon
2016 bounder 35 k
Had to cut-up that concrete-like, L-shape "sofa," in our 2016 35K. Replaced with Ashley wall hugging twin recliners with electric footrests and headrests. About 14 inches clearance when slide closed, easy access to half bath. Have fallen asleep many times in these plush recliners. Cats love hiding behind the recliners.
wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #8

wayno347,
Just for the record, once the L sofa is taken apart it will fit through the door. Lot of staples to undo but worth it as I got a pretty penny for it. Buyer was ok with removing the back panel and staple involved. I did post my experience in Sarah's thread

computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote