Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #1

We have a 2004 Southwind 32ft. The sewer connection in the compartment does not line up with the hole cut out in the bottom of the compartment. We have tried a few different adapters, but all put a strain on the hose. Do any other Southwind owners have this problem? If so, any solutions? My husband wants to "move" the hole. He's a ex sheetmetal worker, so I have faith, but I would like to find a simpler solution.

Thanks
Patriciag
Southwind 2004 32v Workhorse chassis
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #2

We have a 2004 Southwind 32ft. The sewer connection in the compartment does not line up with the hole cut out in the bottom of the compartment. We have tried a few different adapters, but all put a strain on the hose. Do any other Southwind owners have this problem? If so, any solutions? My husband wants to "move" the hole. He's a ex sheetmetal worker, so I have faith, but I would like to find a simpler solution.

Thanks
Patriciag
Southwind 2004 32v Workhorse chassis
Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The sewer connection on my 2005 Southwind 37C did not line up either. The local repair facility cut the pipes and extended them so they lined up better. Don't know if the setups are identical but you may have another option.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Southwind 2004 32v Workhorse chassis

I have the same problem with my 2005 34F,Im thinking of making the hole bigger and run it to the outside of the coach,It would do away with the mess also
Sal Avitabile

wthomas1
Posted September 09, 2007 03:20 PM Hide Post
The sewer connection on my 2005 Southwind 37C did not line up either. The local repair facility cut the pipes and extended them so they lined up better. Don't know if the setups are identical but you may have another option.

Wayne & Roberta
And SoSo, our blind PBGV
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
8.1 Vortec
Rohnert Park

Posts: 6 | Location: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: August 30, 2007

Ignored post by wthomas1 posted September 09, 2007 03:20 PM Show Post

Previous Topic | Next Topic powered by eve community
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
[x]

SiteiRV2 Forum Main Page
Servleteve2da015
Version1.2.20 build 8861
ModuleForums 4.0.3
Stylesheet"Blue Steel [Default]"
Wordlet Set"Default Wordlet Set"
Logout: iRV2 Forum Main Page
Update Groupee Account Reply

iRV2.com RV Forum THE OWNER'S CORNER Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum Sewer connection on Southwind 2004 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions. My husband cut and moved the hole over several inches to line up with the pipe. He took the part he cut out and bound it to the original hole with metal weld mastic glue or something like that. It looks good and fits well. He said he can sand and paint it to look like the original if he gets around to it.

Thanks,
Patriciag
Old 10-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't have a problem so guess mine lines up? Going out in two weeks so I'll have to watch next time..

SF Bay Area
Great-Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
I don't have the problem either...not sure how some have it and some don't...quality control I suspect.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our 2004 34F is tight on one side BUT would have moved it if any closer. Know how you feel!