RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Show and Tell and Advise

Hello Friends.

Our new to us 2003 Fleetwood Bounder 35B gasser with the Workhorse Chassis has some items that are not identified in either the Chassis manual or the Bounder Owners Manual we got with the unit.

The panel under the sink in the galley has a few switches that are very obvious as to what they are as they are marked. However not any explanation as to how to use in what sequence or situation. The switches on the left in the pic are 3 way. Up in for one function, middle is off and bottom another function. I get those. The toggle switches to the right with an electric and gas description I get but not as to when to have them in use or if they can be on at the same time. Is the electric switch for shore power and you turn off when on Generator as I suspect?

Is the gas on only when you need a gas appliance like the hot water heater and or range and oven as well as the washer and dryer? Should that switch stay off unless a gas appliance is needed?

This last one is a little teaser as no where is it described but it is a functioning indicator. In a cabinet over the drivers left shoulder is a LCD indicator and a push button on the bottom. When you push it, it shows LL. Never anything else. Can someone tell me what the heck that thing is telling me or supposed to tell me. Pics below and all feedback appreciated and welcome.

Thank you.
/Users/geraldshannon/Downloads/IMG_0113.jpg
/Users/geraldshannon/Downloads/IMG_0112.jpg
/Users/geraldshannon/Downloads/IMG_0111.jpg
[IMG]/Users/geraldshannon/Downloads/IMG_0115.jpg[/IMG]

Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehands View Post
hello friends.

Our new to us 2003 fleetwood bounder 35b gasser with the workhorse chassis has some items that are not identified in either the chassis manual or the bounder owners manual we got with the unit.

The panel under the sink in the galley has a few switches that are very obvious as to what they are as they are marked. However not any explanation as to how to use in what sequence or situation. The switches on the left in the pic are 3 way. Up in for one function, middle is off and bottom another function. I get those. The toggle switches to the right with an electric and gas description i get but not as to when to have them in use or if they can be on at the same time. Is the electric switch for shore power and you turn off when on generator as i suspect?

Is the gas on only when you need a gas appliance like the hot water heater and or range and oven as well as the washer and dryer? Should that switch stay off unless a gas appliance is needed?

This last one is a little teaser as no where is it described but it is a functioning indicator. In a cabinet over the drivers left shoulder is a lcd indicator and a push button on the bottom. When you push it, it shows ll. Never anything else. Can someone tell me what the heck that thing is telling me or supposed to tell me. Pics below and all feedback appreciated and welcome.

Thank you.
/users/geraldshannon/downloads/img_0113.jpg
/users/geraldshannon/downloads/img_0112.jpg
/users/geraldshannon/downloads/img_0111.jpg
[img]/users/geraldshannon/downloads/img_0115.jpg[/img]
have not been able to figure out how to attach my pics. Help would be appreciated and welcome.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You posted links to photos on your own computer, so none of us can access them. I suspect you used the yellow mountain icon to create them and that's what it does. Instead you want to use the Attachment "paper clip" icon which will invite you to browse your computer and designate file uploads, which can be pictures or other types of data. The paperclip icon is found only on the full editor page, not the Quick Reply editor.

I suspect those electric/gas switches are for the water heater only. The water can be heated either by electric heat element (shore or generator power required) or LP gas. Both can be used at the same time to heat the water faster, if you like.

Electric mode is silent while the gas burner can usually be heard easily. If you are paying a fixed price for a campsite that has electric power, you may as well use the electric mode rather than paying extra to use your own LP gas (propane). If you are paying for either one, the most cost effective choice depends on the rates you pay fr gas or electric. That varies by location.

Your coach has an automatic transfer switch (ATS) that shifts the external power source from shore to generator as needed. When the generator is running, the ATS selects the generator for the power source, even if the coach is still plugged to active shore power. Generator always dominates.

LP gas is available for the appliances that can utilize it as long as the LP tank valve is on. The valve is manual and located at the tank itself.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you so much. Great responses.

Will try pics again and I also tried to use attachments and they couldn’t be opened.