Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #1

Slide not fully extending on discovery

I have a 2006 Discovery 39L (4 slide) the bedroom slide on the passanger side goes out all the way @ the bottom but the top still needs to go out about 1 or 2 inches. Its like it wont seat in the out position. I checked behind the drawers With a light and a miror to see it a shoe or somethong got lost back there but I see no obstruction. We just bought the coach and didnt notice it when we got it from the individuals. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
ryder49twoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #2

Could be a bolt or screw worked out on the backside. You may have to take the molding off to see the problem. If there is no obstruction you should be able to use some pushing force as the slide is opening and get the top to seat.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #3

The weight of the slide falling out helps close the top. It sounds like you check for things on the sides how about the top.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #4

Thanks for your suggestions. I've checked the top and no obstructions. Also got a mirror and light and checked top and bottom and again no obstructions. It still wont go out all the way--laks about 1 to 2 inches. If you look outside it is obvious as the top is leaning inward just a bit and then the inside has about 2 inches gap at the top inside the bedroom wall from going out all the way.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. If they are Power Gear, I would email them. Their techs are very good and very quick to respond. Their address is info@powergearus.com.

Good luck and please update us when you can.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder49twoup View Post
I have a 2006 Discovery 39L (4 slide) the bedroom slide on the passanger side goes out all the way @ the bottom but the top still needs to go out about 1 or 2 inches. Its like it wont seat in the out position. I checked behind the drawers With a light and a miror to see it a shoe or somethong got lost back there but I see no obstruction. We just bought the coach and didnt notice it when we got it from the individuals. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
I am not having that exact problem but i must push on that slide to help get it out. Have looked for the motor and as was said you must pull the bottom molding off. Have not done this yet. If you get around to doing that let us know how you make out.
ajm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Many Power Gear motors are programmed and at times need to be programmed again. Read the Power Gear manual this AM. Google up, power gear instruction manual, most PDF models are listed. Just a suggestion!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #8

Thanks, I'll read futher in the manuel and let youall know when I get it figured out.
Again Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 04:03 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx
Many Power Gear motors are programmed and at times need to be programmed again. Read the Power Gear manual this AM. Google up, power gear instruction manual, most PDF models are listed. Just a suggestion!
Here are two manuals that I've used over the years.
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/3010001330.pdf

http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0140-00.pdf

I'm not familiar with " reprogramming "a PG motor.

Can you post a link to that procedure?

Thanks

Cliff

Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Here are two manuals that I've used over the years.
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/3010001330.pdf

http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0140-00.pdf

I'm not familiar with " reprogramming "a PG motor.

Can you post a link to that procedure?

Thanks

Cliff

Cliff,

Google, Power Gear Full Wall Slide Tech Manual. Go to chapter, service/installation manual full wall slide systems/teaching control/ "fullwallinstallservice82-SO0379.ai

I don't know if this info applies to all slides, but in reading literature, it appears to encompass most or all newer slide motors with control systems?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Thanks Clay. Here is that document. http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0379.pdf . I don't pretend to understand it but thought others would like to see it. Thanks

Cliff

Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for posting the doc. Yep, I don't even pretend to understand the instructions, nor IMHO would 95 percent of qualified RIVA techs! Oh we'll at least it is a go too should the need arise and it explains the manual wrenching in for the four dc motors on the wall slide. Bet that would be fun!! LOL!

Tags
slide