RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Slide on Revolution LE

Hello Friends.

Iíve googled, utubed, talked to Spartan And Fleetwood and no one can help me with my question on my living room driver slide that sometimes wonít retract.

1. Canít find a manual for the slide or anything on the maintenance of it.

2. How do I get to the slide motor to check for power
Input. Where is the slide motor?

Does anyone know if the slides are electric with cables, or electric motor, or hydraulic?

Many thanks.

Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What year is your Rev?
We need more info...
My 2005 has electric Power Gear

Old 11-18-2019, 09:10 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Electric I think. If you go under the unit the motor is at top middle of the slide.
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:21 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry about that. My Revolution LE is a 2007 model.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you

Hello

I found that had I did more looking and less emailing questions I would have found that when you open the storage locker under the slide,, the entire motor, wiring and mechanism is exposed and easy to get to.

I can now test the volts when the unit is closing and opening to be sure there is enough power.

thank you.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #6

Slide on Revolution LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
Hello

I found that had I did more looking and less emailing questions I would have found that when you open the storage locker under the slide,, the entire motor, wiring and mechanism is exposed and easy to get to.

I can now test the volts when the unit is closing and opening to be sure there is enough power.

thank you.

I guess you check fuses at slide controller in battery compartment and you have motor running when operating slides. On my bedroom slide the rubber sweeps get stuck behind windows which makes it have a hard time getting started coming in.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:00 PM   #7

Jonnyboy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I guess you check fuses at slide controller in battery compartment and you have motor running when operating slides. On my bedroom slide the rubber sweeps get stuck behind windows which makes it have a hard time getting started coming in.
One thing that might fail or worse, work intermittently is the slow blow fuse (25 amp, I think). In my case the slide would start and then stop. I checked the fuse immediately and found the fuse bad. Several minutes later the fuse checked good. The bimetal in the fuse gets tired over time I was told. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. My Providence on a Spartan chassis has the same controllers as the Rev, I believe.
The switch on my two front slides must be held in firmly as suggested earlier. Also you can always switch out the controller as mine are identical. Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-14_16-09-27_632.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	267417
Old 11-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #8

I had the same problem. It ended up being the duel switch for both right and left slides. I replaced them with
There own individual slide switch. Working fine ever since.
etmjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:26 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyboy 316 View Post
Jonnyboy316 One thing that might fail or worse, work intermittently is the slow blow fuse (25 amp, I think). In my case the slide would start and then stop. I checked the fuse immediately and found the fuse bad. Several minutes later the fuse checked good. The bimetal in the fuse gets tired over time I was told. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. My Providence on a Spartan chassis has the same controllers as the Rev, I believe.
The switch on my two front slides must be held in firmly as suggested earlier. Also you can always switch out the controller as mine are identical. Attachment 267417
Will look up the slow blow fuse. Never heard of that before but makes sense. Thank you.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:29 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmjb View Post
I had the same problem. It ended up being the duel switch for both right and left slides. I replaced them with
Another good check. I do suspect the switch and like the idea of separating them.

Thank you.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:15 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmjb View Post
Another good check. I do suspect the switch and like the idea of separating them.

Thank you.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:59 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Still confused

Well friends I still canít figure this out.

On my big living room slide on the driver side, it still sticks when retracting till it gets past the point where the slide is past the point where it comes back up from the leveler.

Goes out fine, but when retracting, it starts and moves in an inch and stops. You can bump the switch and it comes in another inch and stops. You do this till it comes in about 3 or more inches or till slide come UP from the level position and then comes in fine. Iím getting full bolts and engine is always running. I can cycle it in and out and it works of but the first time always stops and you have to inch it in till slide is up past the level position.

What else should I look at before I schedule an appointment with mechanic.

ALSO A QUESTION! Do the slides on my Fleetwood a Revolution which is on a Spartan Chassis, a Chassis problem or a Fleetwood problem ?

Tags
revolution, slide