Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #1

Slideout seal repair near Augusta, Ga

I can't figure out where my leaks are coming from when slide is in plus another small leak in cabinet that holds bedroom TV. It's time for the professionals to try their luck at it. Does anyone know of a reputable shop within 200 miles of me. I have a 2006 Revolution LE. Went 2 months of using it after purchasing it without any problems. Now it seems every time it rains I get a new leak Thanks
shajoe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #2

Not familiar with your area, you can always call Rev/Fleetwood/American coach and they can suggest a good shop.

Hopefully as simple as needing some new caulk on the roof, which should be done yearly
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoe44 View Post
I can't figure out where my leaks are coming from when slide is in plus another small leak in cabinet that holds bedroom TV. It's time for the professionals to try their luck at it. Does anyone know of a reputable shop within 200 miles of me. I have a 2006 Revolution LE. Went 2 months of using it after purchasing it without any problems. Now it seems every time it rains I get a new leak Thanks

Have you tried resealing where front cap meets the roof? Where the roof meets rear cap?I’ve had to reseal shower dome and several other places.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
shajoe44,

Sorry to hear you have been having problems. They sure have a way of making an enjoyable time unenjoyable. Guess most of us have been there, but your problem MAY be something simple like cracked sealer on your roof.

In case you forgot, these things DEMAND attention and if we don't give it to them they will let definitely let us know.

Be safe, but climb up on your roof - that's where 99.999999999% of our leaks come from. The sealant drys out and hardens over time. Add to that the constant vibration of the coach and roof seals are going to separate. At least once a year you need to climb on top and inspect every seal for cracking, exposed screws, etc. I use the automatically leveling sealant and apply it liberally. Sometimes you may need to use a putty knife to remove severely cracked or hardened sealant before adding new.

I think this may resolve your leaking problem. Richard
Old 12-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #5

I climb up yesterday and sealed over some older cracked seams. I will go back up tomorrow and reseal what I didn't get the other day. I've got the self leveling sealant. Thanks for the ideas. Of course 10 inches of rain this month hasn't helped matters. With 4 more coming Thursday and Friday
shajoe44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair, seal, slide, slideout